The Student Room Group

2014 Monaco Grand Prix Discussion! 22nd-25th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stramala
This is farce.

This is not Prost/Senna. There is no blow for blow squabbling. The media fabricated the intensity of the rivalry to begin with, and with every journalist on earth knowing Hamilton's temperament, he fell for the hype hook, line and sinker.

Rosberg will want to defeat Hamilton, sure. But this is not Prost/Senna. He has been following the high road the entire time. Lewis is arrogant when he wins and a crybaby when he loses. Rosberg is visibly angry when he is defeated, but he does not speak out of turn. He turns the anger around and channels it into performing better. It's exactly what his dad Keke used to do.

Hamilton is fast, but he is a bit of an idiot. McLaren would have taken him into the pits at the right time? Sure, because they really nailed their strategy for Hamilton at the 2007 Chinese GP! Then again, that win at the 2012 Aussie GP was a sensational bit of strategy...except that was Jenson Button's direct call, whereas Hamilton decided to say nothing and have the team make his decisions for him, falling back as a result.

I hope this fabricated rivalary actually does continue to escalate, because it will firmly turn the tide in favour of Rosberg. Hamilton simply can't handle the drama.

Anyway, let's just forget about Merecdes...they weren't in the least important at Monaco. Absolutely meaningless in the grander scheme of things.

Now that is the most important thing!

it's not fabricated,Rosberg cheated and stole Lewis the win.It's very similar to Senna against Prost.The only difference is that Lewis is probably faster than Rosberg by a larger gap than Senna against Prost.So a revenge may not be necessary if Lewis wins the title before the last two races.If not,then Lewis will have all the right to ram into Rosberg to make justice.
Reply 141
Original post by RoyalMarine
it's not fabricated,Rosberg cheated and stole Lewis the win.It's very similar to Senna against Prost.The only difference is that Lewis is probably faster than Rosberg by a larger gap than Senna against Prost.So a revenge may not be necessary if Lewis wins the title before the last two races.If not,then Lewis will have all the right to ram into Rosberg to make justice.

Troll-a-lol-a-lol, troll, troll, troll, troll.

:love:

That's so cute! Still want Lewis to crush him though!! CMON LEWIS!! :woo:
Reply 144
are you friends with someone who steals a wallet or a car from you?Come on,Rosberg did it on purpouse,why deny it?He unfairly denied Lewis the most important victory of the year.It's not time to move on because Lewis would be Rosberg's useful idiot if he did that.Senna did the right thing against Prost,if he followed your post Prost would have stolen the 1990 title again from Senna.It's obvious that Rosberg doesn't care at all about Lewis so he's not his friend.

Monaco isn't the most important. Abu Dhabi is. Its worth double the points. Monaco is worth exactly the same as 17 other races.

Anyway. I'll stop feeding the troll now.
Original post by dhr90
Monaco isn't the most important. Abu Dhabi is. Its worth double the points. Monaco is worth exactly the same as 17 other races.

Anyway. I'll stop feeding the troll now.

Monaco is by far the most important and historic race,I don't see how you can deny it.Abu Dhabi is a joke compared to the history of Monaco,no driver would change a win in Monaco for a win in Abu Dhabi.The title is another point but we're talking about a race here.Especially for Lewis who is a Senna fan,it's the only record that Schumacher hasn't beaten.And claiming people are trolls just because they don't agree with you is intolerant.Are these drivers trolls?

Hamilton “Monaco is just incredible to drive and any driver will tell you that’s the race they want to win"
Alonso "To win in Monaco is very special for a driver"
Button “Wow winning the Monaco Grand Prix is something that you dream about as a child and as a racing driver and the reality of taking that victory just feels awesome. To win in Monaco is truly a special feeling."
Rosberg "Monaco is the race to win.It is the most prestigious race of the year"
Jackie Stewart "Monaco is the jewel in the F1 crown."
Hakkinen "To win in Monaco is every driver's dream and to win here is something special"
Montoya "Winning in Monaco is very special, there is no other race like this in Formula One"

Lots of other quotes and interviews but I don't have time to waste for an ignorant like dhr90,better leave him in his ignorance.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lib
Troll-a-lol-a-lol, troll, troll, troll, troll.

Can you please explain why I'm a troll for having the opinion that Lewis will get revenge against Rosberg if necessary?I can bet anything you want.If the situation will be that Lewis is behind Rosberg and that he needs a cheat,then Lewis will give the cheat back to Rosberg just like Senna did to Prost.
(edited 9 years ago)

that is 'diplomatic' Lewis planning his revenge and playing it smart.They're not friends,here's what Lewis really thinks without diplomatic tactics

'We're not friends'
[video="youtube;QKvJIIpSVW8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKvJIIpSVW8[/video]
Reply 148
Monaco is by far the most important and historic race,I don't see how you can deny it.Abu Dhabi is a joke compared to the history of Monaco,no driver would change a win in Monaco for a win in Abu Dhabi.The title is another point but we're talking about a race here.Especially for Lewis who is a Senna fan,it's the only record that Schumacher hasn't beaten.And claiming people are trolls just because they don't agree with you is intolerant.Are these drivers trolls?

Hamilton “Monaco is just incredible to drive and any driver will tell you that’s the race they want to win"
Alonso "To win in Monaco is very special for a driver"
Button “Wow winning the Monaco Grand Prix is something that you dream about as a child and as a racing driver and the reality of taking that victory just feels awesome. To win in Monaco is truly a special feeling."
Rosberg "Monaco is the race to win.It is the most prestigious race of the year"
Jackie Stewart "Monaco is the jewel in the F1 crown."
Hakkinen "To win in Monaco is every driver's dream and to win here is something special"
Montoya "Winning in Monaco is very special, there is no other race like this in Formula One"

Lots of other quotes and interviews but I don't have time to waste for an ignorant like dhr90,better leave him in his ignorance.

You said Monaco is the most important race of the year. Adu Dhabi is a double points race and so whoever wins there will extend or shorten the points gap to a greater degree thus making it more important to the world championship.

Being historic has nothing to do with it being important to the outcome of the world championship. Yes Adu Dhabi is a poor track, but it can produce better races than Monaco usually does. I'm not saying no driver wouldn't want to win there I know full well the history and how much every driver wants to win Monaco.

Yes every driver wants to win Monaco, but every driver out there wants to win the world championship. Every one of those drivers would swap a Monaco win for an Abu Dhabi win if it meant they won't the F1 World Drivers Championship. They would all do it in a heartbeat given it's all they have spent their entire lives leading up to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2698227&p=47871344#post47871344

Hey guys please check out the F12013 TSR Racing League! You don't race, you put in as fast a hot lap as you can. The winner of the week gets full points and so on. Check it out!
(edited 9 years ago)
just heard a Massa interview,he says exactly what I said.He says they can't be friends and there will be more troubles between them as everyone drives just to win.I'm glad I got it right then despite some posters here claiming this was a 'fabricated' duel and that friendship doesn't require honesty :biggrin:
just heard a Massa interview,he says exactly what I said.He says they can't be friends and there will be more troubles between them as everyone drives just to win.I'm glad I got it right then despite some posters here claiming this was a 'fabricated' duel and that friendship doesn't require honesty :biggrin:

Doesn't change the fact it was fabricated. The media pressured and pressured and pressured Hamilton into boiling over, and it worked perfectly. Everyone in the paddock knows he'll lose his cool easier than pretty much anyone on the grid. By no means do they like each other, but it wouldn't have been such a public spat if Hamilton wasn't so weak to pressure.

Seriously, do you read anything anyone else writes here?? I didn't expect to have to repeat myself.

Quick Reply

Latest