The Student Room Group

OCR B Physics G494 June 11th 2014 Unit 4

Poll

How did you find the exam?

The G495 thread is here.

I made a G495 thread, but seeing as this one is sooner, probably best to have a G494 thread.

So here it is, OCR B Advancing Physics G494: Rise and Fall of the Clockwork Universe. This is on chapters 10 - 14 in the textbook.

Exam is on the afternoon of June 11th 2014.

Good luck guys!

Summary of spec
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/76058-summary-of-specification.pdf

Full spec
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/74952-specification.pdf

Revision resources

Spoiler

UMS for each grade

Spoiler

Grade boundaries

Spoiler

*New mark to UMS converter for average boundaries*

Spoiler

Thread from two years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2336247

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

wooo cheers adi
Reply 2
Wow, this is so helpful! Thanks
Reply 3
I think I have finished most/all of the past papers.... what to do?
Reply 4
Original post by RATKING
I think I have finished most/all of the past papers.... what to do?

Relax? What do you need?
Reply 5
Original post by adi19956
Relax? What do you need?

I think I found a few more that I haven't done/ well can't remember at least!

Do you have access to June 2013 via your school because it is not accessible to public yet?
Reply 6
Original post by RATKING
I think I found a few more that I haven't done/ well can't remember at least!

Do you have access to June 2013 via your school because it is not accessible to public yet?

Paper.

Mark scheme.

It might ask you to login, just hit login as guest

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Reply 7
Paper.

Mark scheme.

It might ask you to login, just hit login as guest

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot!
Reply 8
why does no one do this spec??
Reply 9
Original post by jacobfun

I have no clue. I really wish there was more discussion.
Reply 10

Original post by RATKING
I have no clue. I really wish there was more discussion.

Anyone revising hard? I've done one paper. Did pretty well.

Really hoping the exam is hard. I love a hard paper because UMS.
Reply 11

Had my chem exam earlier and I just don't have the motivation for physics today haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Had my chem exam earlier and I just don't have the motivation for physics today haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I've got FP1, S1 and Economics 4 tomorrow so haven't really got a chance too. Thoroughly relying on my AS UMS to get an A
Reply 13

Do you juwt mean today or overall? Today I have done a paper then started revsing using revision book only the firat few pagea on exponential things. Then I was too bored cos I think I know most of it. Just went through specification think I know most. Got asda interview was meant to be Thursday morning but now Wednesday afternoon after exam. So I was trying to look into that.

Yeah hopefully hatd paper. Tomorrow I think I'm just going to do loads of past papers like 4? Hopefully and possibly a little bit on revision on things I get wrong. I have been revising for some time now so feel fairly confident . Have been getting like 75% to 85% ish.
Reply 14
Original post by RATKING
Do you juwt mean today or overall? Today I have done a paper then started revsing using revision book only the firat few pagea on exponential things. Then I was too bored cos I think I know most of it. Just went through specification think I know most. Got asda interview was meant to be Thursday morning but now Wednesday afternoon after exam. So I was trying to look into that.

Yeah hopefully hatd paper. Tomorrow I think I'm just going to do loads of past papers like 4? Hopefully and possibly a little bit on revision on things I get wrong. I have been revising for some time now so feel fairly confident . Have been getting like 75% to 85% ish.

Well good luck for your interview.

I will have no time to revise tomorrow, so it'll just have to be a good exam for me
Reply 15
Well good luck for your interview.

I will have no time to revise tomorrow, so it'll just have to be a good exam for me

Thank you, good luck yourself. I am sure one day won't make too much of a difference anyway.
Reply 16
Original post by RATKING
Thank you, good luck yourself. I am sure one day won't make too much of a difference anyway.

The thing with me is that I've only ever revised a few days before, so it definitely would.
Law of diminishing marginal returns
Hi,
Can someone help me with question 6b on June 2010,
To work out the internal energy in the tyre, why can you use 3/2NKT and NKT to get the answer.
Which one is better to use , and where does the 3/2 come from . Thanks
You can use either. Because the powers of ten involved are so large the 3/2 at the beginning doesn't make that much of a difference, so the course allows both. Some question will give you the equation as E=kt though so I tend to just stick with that one. I think the actual derivation of why it is 3/2 and not some other constant is above A-level.
Reply 19
Mildly terrified for this exam. Using today to buff up on all the bits I lose marks on!
Good luck guys~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending