GCSE students on this forum lol Watch

This discussion is closed.
john0101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
GCSE students don't know the meaning of stress.

They are under the illusion that GCSEs actually mean anything. Lol, they don't, and unless you are going to study medicine, law or dentistry, you will not need flawless GCSEs.

I haven't even spoken about how easy the examinations are. GCSE maths is pips, English straightforward, science similar.

Religious studies is piss too, Brb quoting the bible for 5 marks. History is hard to fail since the answer is practically in the source

Foreign languages? Well if you fail that, it's your own fault. You should know if you have the cognitive ability to learn a new language

Woodwork? DT? You had a whole two years to make a shelf, that's practically 70% of your mark

If you're stressing now gl when it comes to a levels or uni exams, when there's actually something on the line and when the qualifications actually mean something

Btw mans not stressed because man did his revision. First class honours on the way boom ting

Posted from TSR Mobile
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I actually agree with this. Though OP could have worded it better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
john0101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by donutaud15)
I actually agree with this. Though OP could have worded it better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What part could have been worded better ..........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Magistl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I fully agree with your points, I'm a GCSE student.
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by john0101)
What part could have been worded better ..........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last bit about not stressing in particular.

Posted from TSR Mobile
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
K.

(Original post by Ndella)
I bet you were stressing when you did your GCSEs to an extent. We've all been there and look back at how ridiculous it was to stress out in comparison to A Levels. Cut the students a break, they've never had exams like these before.
Thank you.
Ndella
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I bet you were stressing when you did your GCSEs to an extent. We've all been there and look back at how ridiculous it was to stress out in comparison to A Levels. Cut the students a break, they've never had exams like these before.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What part could have been worded better
The part with the words.

Other than that it was fine.
superdarklord
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Saying that GCSE students aren't allowed to feel stressed out because other students (A-levels, uni students) are more stressed and their exams are worse is like saying someone can't be happy because there's always someone happier. What a ridiculous point, sure the exams may not be the most difficult thing in the world but, at the end of the day, everybody wants to do well and perhaps 'flawless' Gcse results is what they want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1398367
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
but lots of people on tsr want to be a lawyer/dentist/doctor
ElChapo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You are just being a bit of an ******* really, I'm sure you would've had similar feelings when you were in their shoes, the students are made to think that so much of their future will hinge on these exams, a little stress is to be expected. Just because someone stresses during GCSEs does not mean they will struggle at A-Level or uni, in fact it often leads them to doing better as they are already used to doing a lot of work, which will be required at A-level and beyond in contrast to a student who has never really been forced to put in a lot of work to get good grades at GCSE and just coasted.
Atsushi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The thing is if you don't bother with your GCSEs you can't get good A-levels and so on. Your next exam if always the most important.
lerjj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is like saying noone could be sad because someone else is worse off. Yes its helpful to know that i'm stressing over nothing, but that is not really going to stop me. Also, English is not straightforwards- I have to get ~84% on a closed book test on Lord of the Flies which is 225 pages to learn.
octopauly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
GCSEs are laughably easy. I loved study leave for those exams, was so chilled out.
Zeroic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
GCSE students don't know the meaning of stress.

They are under the illusion that GCSEs actually mean anything. Lol, they don't, and unless you are going to study medicine, law or dentistry, you will not need flawless GCSEs.

I haven't even spoken about how easy the examinations are. GCSE maths is pips, English straightforward, science similar.

Religious studies is piss too, Brb quoting the bible for 5 marks. History is hard to fail since the answer is practically in the source

Foreign languages? Well if you fail that, it's your own fault. You should know if you have the cognitive ability to learn a new language

Woodwork? DT? You had a whole two years to make a shelf, that's practically 70% of your mark

If you're stressing now gl when it comes to a levels or uni exams, when there's actually something on the line and when the qualifications actually mean something

Btw mans not stressed because man did his revision. First class honours on the way boom ting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im sure you did well in English Language
PricklyPorcupine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, that's not true. People have a right to be nervous or stressed just as much as they have a right to be completely cba and relaxed about GCSEs. Some people get stressed, others don't; you cant dictate how they should feel. Admittedly, it annoys me when people get hyper alert about GCSEs and act like you need to revise your butt off otherwise you cannot possibly do well but people like you who try to undermine others also makes me want to facepalm.
Tasha2828
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
And what about the small percentage of people who leave school after GCSE. That will be the only qualifications they will have so yeah they kinda have a right to take them seriously and do the best they can possibly do. You know what screw it anyone has the right to work their ass off to do the best they can possibly be. People who take pride in achieving high results from their own knuckle grinding work should be admired. I wish I was like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AntisthenesDogger
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cool story bro.
laugh72
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ndella)
Thanks
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (64)
67.37%
Jeremy Hunt (31)
32.63%

Watched Threads