Stonebridge
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by NedStark)
On the Unit 4 AQA Jan 13 paper

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-MS-JAN13.PDF

Q1b)ii) and Q4b)ii) I worked out the correct answer and I rounded to 2sf since that's the lowest SF value used in the calculations. I got 2.7 and 4.7 for the 2 questions.

The markscheme accepts 2.6(6) and 4.6(7). So surely you'd round up in each case. Am I missing something here as to why they only accept the rounded down answers?
The mark scheme is not the (model) answer. It's just notes for the person marking the paper. You will get the mark. That is, believe it or not, what the mark scheme is saying.
ImNormal
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by NedStark)
Thanks for the answer! Would I be best off writing my answers to several sig fig then writing to 2/3 sf or should I give the 2/3 sig fig answer immediately after calculation?
I usually write out most of answer in calculation and I just do every single answer I work out as 3sf for the final answer, saves faffing about and 3sf is approriate in almost all situations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads