The Student Room Group

How do I stop being so insecure?

I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months now and I'm not afraid to say that he's the best boyfriend in the world to me - he tells me he loves me several times a day, buys me flowers when he's upset me, surprises me, takes me out for meals and pays, makes me laugh, lays next to me for hours and doesn't get bored ... He's perfect.

But I can't stop my insecurity getting to my head. I think of how amazing he is and how he could have any girl he wanted. I'm not generically attractive, I don't dress to please people except obviously make an effort for him. I really couldn't care less how I appear to other people physically. But he is physically attractive as well as having a great personality so I get really worried, especially when he goes on nights out with the guys, that he will kiss or go home with another girl. When people are drunk they take the opportunities they have right?

When we first got together he also contacted all his exs on

How do I stop being so insecure :frown: I can tell it's affecting him and I am scared he will leave me.
You should be focusing on the fact that he chooses to be with you even though he could be with anyone else. The fact that he doesn't want to replace you is more important than the fact he could do it. Stop comparing yourself to others and there must be a reason as to why he finds you attractive. Try to focus on these attributes. What do you think are your best features, personality traits..etc? Chances are he notices them far more than he notices your 'flaws'. You should just trust that he wouldn't cheat on you.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months now and I'm not afraid to say that he's the best boyfriend in the world to me - he tells me he loves me several times a day, buys me flowers when he's upset me, surprises me, takes me out for meals and pays, makes me laugh, lays next to me for hours and doesn't get bored ... He's perfect.

But I can't stop my insecurity getting to my head. I think of how amazing he is and how he could have any girl he wanted. I'm not generically attractive, I don't dress to please people except obviously make an effort for him. I really couldn't care less how I appear to other people physically. But he is physically attractive as well as having a great personality so I get really worried, especially when he goes on nights out with the guys, that he will kiss or go home with another girl. When people are drunk they take the opportunities they have right?

When we first got together he also contacted all his exs on

How do I stop being so insecure :frown: I can tell it's affecting him and I am scared he will leave me.

I think you've just got to tell yourself that he would not put so much effort into making you happy if he was going to go off with another girl. I'm sure that you're much more attractive than you think you are and beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. I suggest that next time you feel insecure, don't tell him that you do, it never works out well if one person thinks the other person doesn't trust them. Trust will come in time.

Quick Reply