The Student Room Group

Exam Withdrawal! URGENT REPLY NEEDED!

I have a Core 1 Maths Exam on Monday (19th May), this exam is with the Exam Board AQA. I was just wondering is it still possible to withdraw myself from the exam and all other maths too. No medical reason and not a retake. Thanks
Original post by Edward_Bford
I have a Core 1 Maths Exam on Monday (19th May), this exam is with the Exam Board AQA. I was just wondering is it still possible to withdraw myself from the exam and all other maths too. No medical reason and not a retake. Thanks

Is there a specific reason then? In my school, the normal deadline for withdrawing was in January/February. So if you don't have a reason for it, then no
Don't think you can unless it's under extreme circumstances such as a family member passing away (hope that doesn't happen to anyone), especially the day before. Like the other poster said, you have to withdraw within a substantial amount of time before the actual exam. What is the reason anyway if you don't mind me asking?
You can, but your school probably won't let you. Why do you want to?

1) Ask your school/ exams officer
2) If they say no then arrange to get hit by a car (not too hard), you'll then be exempt from the exam for medical reasons.

Why would you like to withdraw from the exams OP? Don't you feel ready for it or something?
Reply 5
And here I thought somehow loved exams so much that when they were over, s/he got withdrawal symptoms ...
Reply 6
Original post by jjmichaeljadson
Don't think you can unless it's under extreme circumstances such as a family member passing away (hope that doesn't happen to anyone), especially the day before. Like the other poster said, you have to withdraw within a substantial amount of time before the actual exam. What is the reason anyway if you don't mind me asking?

Basically I know I'm going to get a U because the standard of teaching ive had this year has been terrible and i cam barely answer any question.
Reply 7
Original post by L'Etudiant
1) Ask your school/ exams officer
2) If they say no then arrange to get hit by a car (not too hard), you'll then be exempt from the exam for medical reasons.

Why would you like to withdraw from the exams OP? Don't you feel ready for it or something?

The standard of teaching has been poor and I know when i do the exam tomorrow I will get a U
Basically I know I'm going to get a U because the standard of teaching ive had this year has been terrible and i cam barely answer any question.

Hmm since you sound pretty sure that you know very little, just do the exam anyway. If you get a U, you don't a certificate so it won't matter that much if you're dropping it anyway. But at least try, you might know a lot more than you think you do! Who knows? You might get lucky...
If you don't wanna do it, just don't turn up.
Original post by jjmichaeljadson
Hmm since you sound pretty sure that you know very little, just do the exam anyway. If you get a U, you don't a certificate so it won't matter that much if you're dropping it anyway. But at least try, you might know a lot more than you think you do! Who knows? You might get lucky...

So I get a U and I don't get a certificate. Does my future University see it though? Thats my worry. They see I failed it might be a put off.
So I get a U and I don't get a certificate. Does my future University see it though? Thats my worry. They see I failed it might be a put off.

If you don't get a certificate then your University won't see it, not a 100% sure though. Since it was your teacher's fault, how is the rest of your class doing? Are they going to fail too? The best thing to do is retake maths next year, and teach yourself the course. However, maths has a lot of modules so it may hinder your A2 subjects, so you have to be confident that you can take on the workload. If you genuinely don't like it, drop it. Unis don't give a **** about the subject you drop, just concentrate on the others. Anyway, how was you exam today?

Quick Reply

Latest