Have you been cheated on? What's your opinion on cheating?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Have you been cheated on before? And would you take someone back who cheated on you? Why do you have that opinion?
FaisalTreShah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've been cheated on, and hell no.

I see cheating as one of the greatest forms of disloyalty. Assuming you find out about it, it's realising that someone whom you 'trusted' has been lying to your face for God knows how long, and not only does it makes you feel like a fool, it also destroys your confidence in yourself too. Every single word that they've said to you loses all meaning and crumbles away, because now you have no idea whether anything they did with you was done out of compassion or for their own amusement.

When this happened to me, I got insanely paranoid and started believing that this will happen to me with anyone else. I ended up convincing that I was going to be alone forever as I'd just be THAT scared that anyone who'd be interested in me would just be like that "out of their own amusement" and watch me make effort for nothing, and that ruined me for a good long while (I take relationships incredibly seriously). However in good time, I eventually got over it and remembered that not every woman in the world is cruel, but a minority... yet it has made me a lot more weary haha.

Seriously, to anyone who's been cheated on, don't let it change you into a douchebag, because it's not you that did wrong, but the other. Why should YOU corrupt yourself because of someone else? Keep your head up and stay strong, for better people will be there for you in future, and it's what you deserve.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FaisalTreShah)

I see cheating as one of the greatest forms of disloyalty. Assuming you find out about it, it's realising that someone whom you 'trusted' has been lying to your face for God knows how long, and not only does it makes you feel like a fool, it also destroys your confidence in yourself too. Every single word that they've said to you loses all meaning and crumbles away, because now you have no idea whether anything they did with you was done out of compassion or for their own amusement.

When this happened to me, I got insanely paranoid and started believing that this will happen to me with anyone else. I ended up convincing that I was going to be alone forever as I'd just be THAT scared that anyone who'd be interested in me would just be like that "out of their own amusement" and watch me make effort for nothing, and that ruined me for a good long while (I take relationships incredibly seriously). However in good time, I eventually got over it and remembered that not every woman in the world is cruel, but a minority... yet it has made me a lot more weary haha.

Seriously, to anyone who's been cheated on, don't let it change you into a douchebag, because it's not you that did wrong, but the other. Why should YOU corrupt yourself because of someone else? Keep your head up and stay strong, for better people will be there for you in future, and it's what you deserve.
I agree
LightBlueSoldier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Have you been cheated on before? And would you take someone back who cheated on you? Why do you have that opinion?
No. No. Cheating sucks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amy120895
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
would never take them back
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
Been cheated on. I'd take her back, to shag her, *** in her eyeballs and throw her out of my house, naked.

No I'm not bitter , I've actually moved on and am in love with a wonderful girl.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Never been cheated on or cheated on someone. I wouldn't take them back no matter sorry they appeared to be and I wouldn't expect someone to take me back either if I had done it.
For me personally, cheating is the ultimate form of betrayal in a relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clez
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes, a number of times, taken them back too. Wouldnt again whenever Im next in a relationship. I have cheated a couple of times, but only in return for being cheated on. Normally I would not and would never again.

Cheating sucks. If someone cheats on you they dont love you, they dont respect you, you cant trust them. If you want to cheat you should break up before you do. It causes the other person a lot of pain and suffering.

One of my exs I went out with for 3 years and each year she cheated on me once - I used to count down until 1 year since it happened to try and make it seem better and longer ago. When I suspected a 4th cheating I broke up with her. I dont know whether she actually did, but that isnt really the point.
The Bishman
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Been cheated on. Never cheated myself.

Would I take them back? Never. Not as a relationship anyway, maybe if I was bored and wanted a FWB as that's all they would be worth at that point.

Fact is, once someone has cheated, that's it. Emotional/physical, makes no difference, the relationship is over.
member327593
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow I'm surprised at how harsh the aboveposters are, what if it was a random 5 second drunken kiss? And they owned up straight away?
David B
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by A100whoo)
Wow I'm surprised at how harsh the aboveposters are, what if it was a random 5 second drunken kiss? And they owned up straight away?
I think they mean cheating by having sex with someone else. I don't think they mean a kiss.
joker12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FaisalTreShah)

See, this is why I see a massive distinction between prolonged cheating, where you 'find out' and a one off where THEY actually tell you immediately. Then you're not finding out that they lied at all.
joker12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Clez)

Cheating sucks. If someone cheats on you they dont love you, they dont respect you, you cant trust them. If you want to cheat you should break up before you do. It causes the other person a lot of pain and suffering.
I disagree with this - people can make mistakes and can hurt the people they love. It's awful, and perhaps unforgivable, but it's ridiculous to think that cheating definitively, categorically means a person doesn't love you.
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, once. Honestly it changed me. One minute I was this naive and happy girl who trusted the world and the next I became this nasty and vengeful individual who would happily hurt my ex just for the sake of it. Also I now have big trust issues that has affected my relationships after that particular ex and sometimes affect my marriage. I would never cheat as I know how it can destroy someone. And I wouldn't want to see someone I love hurt because of quick physical pleasure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Had a girl cheat on her boyfriend with me (thought she was single). Other than that not really.

If I get cheated on I'll cut contact though.
suzannataylor
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by joker12345)
See, this is why I see a massive distinction between prolonged cheating, where you 'find out' and a one off where THEY actually tell you immediately. Then you're not finding out that they lied at all.
Yeah, I agree. I think the circumstances can make a huge difference.
member327593
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by joker12345)
This.

It's really isn't as black and white as people think
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yup and it happened twice. I naively went back to her after the first time because well I thought she made a mistake but she went and well repeated that mistake again.

People who cheat are horrible and yes its had a pretty big effect on me.
Bache7or
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haven't been cheated on before (I think). Wouldn't take back if I was cheated on. Would assume it happened because they wasn't into me anymore.
Oz_Vessalius
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Never, but I would take them back, only as long as they didn't mind two timing. Obviously that wouldn't really be taking them back so much as not letting them go, which I wiuld do happily if they wantef. If I were ever to be in a relationship, I doubt it would be serious enough to be exclusive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (35)
16.13%
I'm not sure (8)
3.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (79)
36.41%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.38%
I'm not a current university student (92)
42.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed