The Student Room Group

Economics Courses

Can you join an Economics Uni course without doing Economics at A-level?
I saw for example on the University of Liverpool website that most of their courses state: "No specific subject requirements".
Please advise,
Thank you.
Yes you can - a lot of business, economics or accounting and finance degree schemes offer introductory modules in the first year to accommodate learners from a variety of backgrounds. For instance at Swansea University, School of Management, all the available Economics degree programmes do not require any specific business, maths or economics related a-levels to apply.

I work in the recruitment team at Swansea University, School of Management - if you have any questions I'd be happy to help!

Soph
Reply 2
Thanks, thats good to know :smile:
I heard doing Econ without the A level makes it pretty hard, i still find things confusing at A2 and plan to study it at uni!
When you start uni, particularly in first year you'll be assigned tutors. So they will know your academic background and will have records of your results etc, so if you had any worries or wanted to go over work or discuss a topic you're not quite sure on - they're the people to go to :smile: I'm sure if you had any concerns about a couple of topics they'd be happy to help or point you in the direction of handy resources!

Postgrads are also really helpful too - you could always do a couple of extra informal study sessions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest