Reverse racism doesn't exist.

Watch
puregirl21
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
People often say "so-and-so has called me a cracker" or "People can be racist against white people as well" No, they cannot. White people, as a whole, have never been oppressed. They can never call someone else racist against them because that ‘someone else’ does not have the power to OPPRESS them. However, white people can be discrimated against. Discrimination is different from racism.
Advertisement
Robin Jameson
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
White people CAN call someone else racist because you can be racist to a white person without needing to oppress them? Just judging someone and treating them differently because of their race IS racism!? So simply by not letting a white person into you bar (for example) IS racist! Also, the title of this thread "reverse racism" is in the wrong context, I believe.
EndingStory
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Just checked out the OPs threads and there's quite a few threads about white people.
Advertisement
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
idontevenbeth
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It's not 'reverse racism' it's just racism, just like how it's not reverse sexism.

And I agree. However, there is a LOT of discrimination against cishets (people claiming they should be killed??!).
Advertisement
Jimbo1234
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by puregirl21)
People often say "so-and-so has called me a cracker" or "People can be racist against white people as well" No, they cannot. White people, as a whole, have never been oppressed. They can never call someone else racist against them because that ‘someone else’ does not have the power to OPPRESS them. However, white people can be discrimated against. Discrimination is different from racism.
What colour were European Jews? :rolleyes: Good job you ****ing bigot.

Now read this and shut up;

racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Derp harder kid.
psychocystic
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
'Discrimination is different to racism'

Yes. In the same way that drugs are different to medicine. All medicines are drugs, not all drugs are medicine.
Advertisement
Greenlaner
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I guess you have never heard of the Mongol Empire. Or the Barbary states. Or the Ottoman Empire.
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You can't be INSTITUTIONALLY racist to white people but you can still be racist
Advertisement
niceguy95
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
:facepalm2:

Yes it does, you utter mong.

Racism is defined as treating one race as superior or inferior above others. Is there any reason why that can't happen to a majority group?

For example, if I were to say that "all white people are ****ing *****" (I don't think this BTW), does that magically not count as racism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Advertisement
pmc:producer
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
So you can only be subject to racism if your race has been oppressed?

Why oh why are people so stupid :confused: it saddens me that your ambition is probably to go to University. God help whichever Uni opens its doors to you. Terrible admissions person, I tell ya.

I have a hairbrush with more brains than you.
jameskmonger
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Unfortunately for you, the definition of racism is not "raycismm equals prehjudice plusss powahhh" as so many of you moron SJW tumblrinas keep repeating. Treating anyone differently due to their RACE is RACISM in the same way that treating anyone differently due to their SEX is SEXISM. To say that those whose ancestors were not victims of racism cannot be victims of racism is, you guessed it, racist.

Take your racist idiocy elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Advertisement
Philbert
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Well it's not not "reverse" racism, that's a ridiculous concept, but you can be racist toward people of any race.
RioFantastic
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
OP you are entirely wrong. Not only can people be racist against white people, there's an extremely strong case for it being the worst kind of racism around.
alapa
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
OP the criminal justice act clearly states that racism against white people is just as real as racism against black people. The law makes it clear that all forms of racism despite the victims colour are wrong.

And white people have been oppressed in society. If you look hard enough, all races have been. The poles the jews, Anglo Saxons, and more recently certain groups if white people in Africa.
alapa
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
You can't be INSTITUTIONALLY racist to white people but you can still be racist
Some institutions have a high percentage if ethnic minority workers so institutional racism against white people is certainly possible.
Advertisement
Asexual Demigod
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You clearly don't know the definition of racism: "hatred or intolerance of another race or other races."
Yawn!
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You're wasting your time here. You'd have better luck talking to a brick wall.
A5ko
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Are people really this ****ing stupid..?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
7.29%
October 2021 (180)
45.23%
November 2021 (42)
10.55%
December 2021 (53)
13.32%
January 2021 (44)
11.06%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (38)
9.55%