Original post by Jacobisswaggy
How did everyone find the physics?

I thought it was hard. :frown:

You did edexcel right?
GODDAMN IT HOPEFULLY THE GRADE BOUNDARIES WILL BE TOTALLY HIGH
Original post by Sugardollaps007
You did edexcel right?
GODDAMN IT HOPEFULLY THE GRADE BOUNDARIES WILL BE TOTALLY HIGH

Yes - and, you mean you want the boundaries to be low rather than high, right? xD
Yes - and, you mean you want the boundaries to be low rather than high, right? xD

I hope that's what he meant because I found it f*cking solid.
Original post by TheSweatyNerd
I hope that's what he meant because I found it f*cking solid.

You thought it was easy?

Is it just me who found it hard or something? :'(
Reply 8
I don't think it was that difficult, to describe it in one word... Decent!
You thought it was easy?

Is it just me who found it hard or something? :'(

Since when did "f*cking solid" mean easy? It means extremely difficult.
Reply 10
I thought it was pip squeak, only 2 equation questions came up. which were easy as and the rest was simple 1 and 3 mark questions based on factual knowledge so Cheers edexcel but now put the grade boundaries down.
Since when did "f*cking solid" mean easy? It means extremely difficult.

Sounds more like easy to me :O

And, yeah - I wasn't expecting loads of the stuff in there. :frown:
Sounds more like easy to me :O

And, yeah - I wasn't expecting loads of the stuff in there. :frown:

If an exam paper could be an sexually transmitted disease, then that physics paper was AIDS. Honestly I didn't get that 3 mark question about the S waves not being able to be detected.
Reply 13
Did anyone notice the mistake in the meteor impact on the earth questions, they said P-waves cannot travel through liquids which they can. LOLOLOOL
Reply 14
If an exam paper could be an sexually transmitted disease, then that physics paper was AIDS. Honestly I didn't get that 3 mark question about the S waves not being able to be detected.

Because they travel straight through the centre of the earth and aren't reflected or refracted so can only be detected on each side of the earth. This was part of the mistake.
Original post by Samj342
Because they travel straight through the centre of the earth and aren't reflected or refracted so can only be detected on each side of the earth. This was part of the mistake.

My teacher said it was because some parts of the Earth is liquid and S waves cant get through liquid :L
Reply 16
My teacher said it was because some parts of the Earth is liquid and S waves cant get through liquid :L

Yeah the outer core is made of liquid nickel and iron so s waves cannot penetrate through so are refracted.
what did you all put for the question about the energy transfers in the spring?
Original post by Samj342

S waves ARE reflected and refracted, both types of seismic waves are reflected and refracted, it's just that S waves cannot travel through liquid :redface:
What was that switch question answer I had 0 clue.

For the spring question I put kinetic and elastic pot were the same.

Is the reason S waves can't be measured because they dont travel through liquid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest