Edexcel History Unit 2 A - Crown & Authority

Watch
Amethysst
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Anyone else doing this topic.. The Source paper?
I'm beginning revision tomorrow and plan to do non stop Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday
Hopefully i can get an A.. it seems to have gone well in Unit 1 so im hoping..
Thankfully we only need our own knowledge for Question 2..
I'm doing about Henry VII up until 1540
Really hope foreign policy comes up!

What are your tips for the Source Questions? i seem to average about 30/40 in Part B.. and 15/16 out of 20 on the Part B
PotNoodleEater
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Part A tips-

Weight definitely all direct to the question and comparison.
And dont say historians arent reliable as they arent contemporary instead juts say sometimes incomplete.

Part B-

Before reading sources read the question and make a note of all the own knowledge you can use, then in your own knowledge para just use all the info that wasnt in the sources.
Also make sure you still weigh as this gets you into top band
oscarmason
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
anyone got this for Elizabeth, James and Charles???
geolu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
when you say Foreign Policy, do you mean Henry's aims?
oscarmason
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it's basically how a country deals with other countries. So yeah basically what Henry did in relation to other places....
alexgr97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm doing this! Very nervous, need to learn everything tomorrow
lalalalisha
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ahh doing this and haven't started revision! how do you infer from a source? i always end up quoting loads and apparently loose marks for it. for the first exam i had a panic attack and definitely go an E or something cos i couldn't do it. so wanna try to make up for it in this exam
MissDegrassi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
good luck to everyone doing the exam I really hope protestant england or royal supremacy comes up cause I know nothing for them, there's toooo many acts to remember
anyone got any last minute exam tips?
emmaappleton
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think Cromwell's downfall has come up as a part B so that might be a good topic to revise. Does anyone else have any other predictions for part B?
alexgr97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emmaappleton)
I don't think Cromwell's downfall has come up as a part B so that might be a good topic to revise. Does anyone else have any other predictions for part B?
That's what I thought, but it came up as a part A last year. I think the Great Matter, it's not come up for a while.
emmaappleton
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm so confused! The examiner's report last year said 'There are still a significant number of candidates that discuss the provenance of the secondary sources. There are no marks available for the evaluation of source attributes in A02b and candidates should avoid using the sources for this purpose.' If they don't mark us for provenance, how are we supposed to write 16 marks worth of comments on sources??
Amethysst
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by emmaappleton)
I'm so confused! The examiner's report last year said 'There are still a significant number of candidates that discuss the provenance of the secondary sources. There are no marks available for the evaluation of source attributes in A02b and candidates should avoid using the sources for this purpose.' If they don't mark us for provenance, how are we supposed to write 16 marks worth of comments on sources??
You only discuss on Part B the provenance of Primary sources - Sources which were written at the time of the events
so dont discuss any which were written in the 1900s etc..
cjohnson95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by oscarmason)
yes i do, do you have any idea what is likely to come up for part B? I;m not sure what to cram in
oscarmason
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cjohnson95)
yes i do, do you have any idea what is likely to come up for part B? I;m not sure what to cram in
i'm crying mate, literally don't know anything... Hoping that my technique will save me... I've just been doing mind maps for each monarch for foreign Policy, religion, finance and relationship with parliament... It's likely that question B will be on one of those
cjohnson95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ah ok, thanks anyway, i might do the same thing!
cammc445
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by oscarmason)

I am. Hoping the section B will be on the general reign of Elizabeth. Don't mind James, but not really that good with the Charles stuff.
Han24
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Predictions: Dissolution or Wolsey's fall.. praying for foreign or domestic policy though! Absolutely terrified for this tomorrow! Timing is so hard
alex967
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
are there any predictions for questions? and do we need own knowledge in seaction A questonions?
oscarmason
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alex967)
are there any predictions for questions? and do we need own knowledge in seaction A questonions?
only contextual knowledge. But apart from that none.... It's purely how you understand the sources and what you get from them.
PotNoodleEater
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does anyone have the 2014 international paper for this, if there is one even?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.12%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.33%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.01%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (42)
28.57%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed