The Student Room Group

Sport Health & Business Studies HELP !

New to this site but need help.

I'm a Brit in Hong Kong and love/play sport esp rugby. Have no idea what I want to do as a career but something sport related. Doesnt everyone I know? Father trying to push me to do Business Management type course but not so sure it's a degree I want to do and would do well in. Ive found a sports/exercise course with business studies at Brunel but father not convinced it will lead down a good career path. Can anyone share any input?
You don't need a degree to work in sport or to play rugby. Remember, Sports Science isnt just about playing sport - its a science course that includes physiology, biochemistry, engineering etc.

Any UK Uni will have an active sports scene and you can play Uni rugby whatever course you are doing. Good Unis for sports are Loughborough and Bath. You could therefore do a Business course and still play rugby, and be surrounded by other 'sport' people.

There are an enormous number of Unis that offer courses in Sport with another subject (and far better Unis than Brunel). Go to www.whatuni.com and enter Sport as a subject. That will show you all the possible combinations.
You don't need a degree to play rugby. Remember, Sports Science isnt just about playing sport - its a science course that includes physiology, biochemistry, engineering etc.

Any UK Uni will have an active sports scene and you can play Uni rugby whatever course you are doing. Good Unis for sports are Loughborough and Bath. You could therefore do a Business course and still play rugby, and be surrounded by other 'sport' people.

There are an enormous number of Unis that offer courses in Sport with another subject (and far better Unis than Brunel). Go to www.whatuni.com and enter Sport as a subject. That will show you all the possible combinations.

Relevant course at Loughbrough - http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/departments/sport-exercise-health-sciences/sport-management/ Given Loughborough's reputation, this would lead you into careers in sport all over the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending