Rate My Teeth

Watch
username592312
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am very self conscious about the shape and structure of my teeth.

Could people please say what they think about them. Are they noticeably crooked, yellow...?

Also, if you're brave, post pictures of your teeth too!! :P

P.S: Sorry for poor quality pics and I'm male.

Name:  IMG_20140519_101209087[1].jpg
Views: 2438
Size:  168.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20140519_101152433[1].jpg
Views: 2058
Size:  163.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20140519_101122186[1].jpg
Views: 1978
Size:  159.2 KB
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
7/10
idontevenbeth
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Your teeth are 'straight' by NHS standards so are perfectly fine
homeopathicdarry
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Your teeth look fine to me.

White and straight. And provided they can chew food, what more do you want?

Peace,Love,Respect. Darryl.xx
ssupernova
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
They're fab ! They could be a lot lot worse . Nothing wrong with those at all
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
this site is mental.
i know it's a serious post, but when i saw "rate my teeth"....
émiliemilia
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
they're a great set of teeth, I actually prefer it when people have more natural teeth than false hollywood ones because I think it gives more of a personality and charm about someone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
I too am very self-conscious about my teeth.. I literally stare in the mirror for ages sometimes just looking at them and I obsess over whether they have got even more crooked or have chipped when I've eaten. But I have tried to teach myself that teeth are just teeth and unless they are horrendous looking, no one will really notice them. And like others said, I think by normal standards they are actually fine. We both just need to get some self-confidence in our teeth I guess :yep:
hannah4225
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
They're okay - mine are literally horrible and I hate them. I guess it's more about how you feel about them than what other people think. I have a consultation for Invisalign next week which I am literally SO excited about. I'd smile about it more but then people would see my teeth!
Truflais
Badges: 20
Report 7 years ago
You have good teeth. Could be whiter but then everyone's could, nothing at all wrong with them
cresta
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Your teeth is really fine. I will give 8/10.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Seriously, your teeth are fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
MUTTA
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
ill post myn seee what you think ive had braces by the way
bertstare
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
4.5/10
MidnightDream
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
6/10
AspiringMedic8
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Flying Pig)
I am very self conscious about the shape and structure of my teeth.

Could people please say what they think about them. Are they noticeably crooked, yellow...?

Also, if you're brave, post pictures of your teeth too!! :P

P.S: Sorry for poor quality pics and I'm male.

Name:  IMG_20140519_101209087[1].jpg
Views: 2438
Size:  168.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20140519_101152433[1].jpg
Views: 2058
Size:  163.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20140519_101122186[1].jpg
Views: 1978
Size:  159.2 KB
They're quite and healthy, but you have a Class II Division II malocclusion. You'd really benefit from the Damon orthodontic system, which would straighten your teeth with no extractions, and give you a broad, wide smile, filling out the dark triangles in the corner of your mouth, expanding your palate by restoring the balance of your cheek and tongue muscles. Traditional braces and extractions would not be a good option.

IOTN-wise (Indicator of Treatment Need) you would be in category three, which is described as "for greater irregularities of the teeth which normally do not need treatment for health reasons." Category 1 is for "almost perfection" and category 5 is for very severe irregularities of the teeth.

In the aesthetic component, I would rate you as a 5 out of 10 (with 1 being the most attractive teeth and 10 being the least attractive).

Don't worry about your teeth: they look healthy and white, and are pretty much average in terms of alignment. If you do seek orthodontic treatment, avoid extractions - they have very undesirable facial consequences in about 40-60% of patients.

Damon Braces: www.damonbraces.com

IOTN definitions: http://www.bos.org.uk/public-patient...at-is-the-iotn

Aesthetic component chart: http://www.nature.com/bdj/journal/v1...4801530-f5.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
AspiringMedic8
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hannah4225)
They're okay - mine are literally horrible and I hate them. I guess it's more about how you feel about them than what other people think. I have a consultation for Invisalign next week which I am literally SO excited about. I'd smile about it more but then people would see my teeth!
Just a warning: Invisalign will not straighten your teeth in the same way as fixed braces do. I always say that Invisalign makes your teeth look "not crooked" but doesn't give that "wow" smile that you get with a fixed system. This is because Invisalign only straightens the anterior teeth (front teeth) rather than the whole arch. If you're wanting something inconspicuous, a fixed system such as Damon Clear (see above link) would deliver a far better smile at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MUTTA
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1401036849.890315.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  4.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
username592312
Rep:
Hi guys,

Would it be worth correcting them purely for aesthetic reasoning? I'm 19 and in education and don't have a lot of money only earning £200 a month and I gather that I cannot get my teeth done for free.

When I was 15 I asked for them to be straightened but was told that they only can be straightened for free if they were to cause medical issues - so what doi do?

They're giving me a low self esteem and I'm also worried that the ladies will be judging
!!

Hope for further responses soon!!
Thanks

(Original post by AspiringMedic8)
They're quite and healthy, but you have a Class II Division II malocclusion. You'd really benefit from the Damon orthodontic system, which would straighten your teeth with no extractions, and give you a broad, wide smile, filling out the dark triangles in the corner of your mouth, expanding your palate by restoring the balance of your cheek and tongue muscles. Traditional braces and extractions would not be a good option.

IOTN-wise (Indicator of Treatment Need) you would be in category three, which is described as "for greater irregularities of the teeth which normally do not need treatment for health reasons." Category 1 is for "almost perfection" and category 5 is for very severe irregularities of the teeth.

In the aesthetic component, I would rate you as a 5 out of 10 (with 1 being the most attractive teeth and 10 being the least attractive).

Don't worry about your teeth: they look healthy and white, and are pretty much average in terms of alignment. If you do seek orthodontic treatment, avoid extractions - they have very undesirable facial consequences in about 40-60% of patients.

Aesthetic component chart: http://www.nature.com/bdj/journal/v1...4801530-f5.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just a warning: Invisalign will not straighten your teeth in the same way as fixed braces do. I always say that Invisalign makes your teeth look "not crooked" but doesn't give that "wow" smile that you get with a fixed system. This is because Invisalign only straightens the anterior teeth (front teeth) rather than the whole arch. If you're wanting something inconspicuous, a fixed system such as Damon Clear (see above link) would deliver a far better smile at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username592312
Rep:
Hi guys,

Would it be worth correcting them purely for aesthetic reasoning? I'm 19 and in education and don't have a lot of money only earning £200 a month and I gather that I cannot get my teeth done for free.

When I was 15 I asked for them to be straightened but was told that they only can be straightened for free if they were to cause medical issues - so what doi do?

They're giving me a low self esteem and I'm also worried that the ladies will be judging
!!

Hope for further responses soon!!
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (77)
20.81%
Note taking apps (7)
1.89%
Flashcards (85)
22.97%
Revision guides (19)
5.14%
Past papers (168)
45.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (14)
3.78%

Watched Threads