The Student Room Group

Understanding prose exam

Hey, i was just wondering, for section B on the understanding prose literature exam, how many points would you have to make to get full marks? What kind of things could you include to get full marks etc.

Any help is appreciated, thank you
Original post by k.bryan4
Hey, i was just wondering, for section B on the understanding prose literature exam, how many points would you have to make to get full marks? What kind of things could you include to get full marks etc.

Heya, I'm just going to pop this in the English exams forum as you're more likely to get a response there. :smile:
Reply 2
Don't think more, just concentrate on studies. I hope you will do best and something special.
Reply 3
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, I'm just going to pop this in the English exams forum as you're more likely to get a response there. :smile:

thankyou :smile:
Reply 4

3+ themes/points with thorough explanation and good vocab. Any how did u do?, I only has 25 mins to explore Candy. But I wrote about how he's important in the portrayal of the futility of the American dream as a result of ageism. I also explored loneliness and how Steinbeck's setting of Soleded (Spanish for solitude) portrays how he might present each character. And how life without candy's 'ancient' dog connotes this.....
Reply 5
Original post by Okeyiaj
3+ themes/points with thorough explanation and good vocab. Any how did u do?, I only has 25 mins to explore Candy. But I wrote about how he's important in the portrayal of the futility of the American dream as a result of ageism. I also explored loneliness and how Steinbeck's setting of Soleded (Spanish for solitude) portrays how he might present each character. And how life without candy's 'ancient' dog connotes this.....

I think it went well, so glad Candy came up as he was one of the characters i focused on, i spoke about discrimination based on age, how during the 1930's if you lost your usefullness then you were tossed aside, (shown by candy's dog) and also spoke about importance of american dream (Candy echos Curley's wife's death when he knows the dream has died to show is life is meaningless without dream) Only this is i was writing until the last second so didnt have time to check through, a little annoying.

Did you do Animal Farm on the other section, because the theme of deception through a lot of people off so maybe low grade boundaries?
Reply 6
I think it went well, so glad Candy came up as he was one of the characters i focused on, i spoke about discrimination based on age, how during the 1930's if you lost your usefullness then you were tossed aside, (shown by candy's dog) and also spoke about importance of american dream (Candy echos Curley's wife's death when he knows the dream has died to show is life is meaningless without dream) Only this is i was writing until the last second so didnt have time to check through, a little annoying.

Did you do Animal Farm on the other section, because the theme of deception through a lot of people off so maybe low grade boundaries?

Yeah deception f**** me over. Did you know the meaning in the exam? I didn't have a clue
Reply 7
Original post by Okeyiaj
Yeah deception f**** me over. Did you know the meaning in the exam? I didn't have a clue

Don't worry it did a lot of people, i kind of got it, so just made up stuff to try and fill the space really, it was a unfair theme to choose though, especially because loads of people didnt even know what it meant!

Have you got the undertsand poetry exam tomorrow, because i have no clue how to revise and i have my main geography exam tomorrow then another main history on friday, all that i know little on, im freaking out!
Reply 8
Don't worry it did a lot of people, i kind of got it, so just made up stuff to try and fill the space really, it was a unfair theme to choose though, especially because loads of people didnt even know what it meant!

Have you got the undertsand poetry exam tomorrow, because i have no clue how to revise and i have my main geography exam tomorrow then another main history on friday, all that i know little on, im freaking out!

Yeah and I've got Geograph PATP aswell. I'm alright with that. You've just gotta remember key terms and case studies like regeneration of brown&greenfield sties (if you're doing Edexcel). Have you got the Edexcel revision book for poetry anthology? It's really useful with exemplar responses etc.
Reply 9
No i never knew it existed. Im learning my case studies now for geography, everything else i'm ok on tbh, except poetry.
Could you give me the structure on how to answer the questions?

I know you have an unseen you spend 45 mins on
Then a poem from your anthology- 30 mins
Then a comparing poem, but i have no clue how to answer the question :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending