Gym routine for a bikini body in 4 weeks?

Watch
itshollaaay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

I joined the gym in easter but since I've been back at uni for exams I have been stressing and regrettably eating unhealthily so all the work I did during easter was sort of for nothing, yet I still feel relatively fit, I just haven't had the time for exercise this past 2 weeks due to exams.
I am slim, and fairly muscly for a girl but fat always goes to my tummy and my back and I am going on holiday in 5 weeks so want this gone for then and essentially keep it off. (In other words I want a toned look) I have this layer of fat on my stomach that I want gone.

I horse ride when I'm at home a few times a week and try and do squats once I've been to the gym. I usually go to the gym about 3-4 times a week.
Usually at the gym I stick to cardio, run on treadmill for about 20 minutes, cross trainer for about 15 minutes. Sometimes row for 5-10 mins and I usually am on my bike once a day to cycle to the gym or cycle to go horse riding.

I try and eat relatively healthy, its just the snacking that usually gets me at uni. I just wondered whether this structure of exercise if I stuck to it, would essentially allow we to loose between 1.5-2 pounds a week? Ideally I want to not have that extra flab around my stomach and back haha.

Is there a better gym routine I could be doing to shed these extra pounds?

I am 55kg and 5ft 2.
Cheers x
Kagutsuchi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The first step will always be fixing your diet - make sure it's nutrient dense with a nice balance of proteins, fats, carbs, vitamins and fibre. Your body will draw fuel for recovery and growth from your diet, so without a proper diet tailored towards your fitness goal, it'll all be for nothing.

As you want to lose fat, get onto a calorie deficit, but do not compromise on nutrition. You still need your proteins, fats, vitamins, carbs and fibre.

For the toned shape, you want muscle. The muscle is already there - it's just under fat. Once you've lost the fat from the calorie deficit coupled with exercise, you'll see your muscle. To define the muscle, do muscle training.

Since you say you're fit, do HIIT training twice a week to shred away the fat. Warm up 800 metre jog. Sprint for 100 metres, jog for 200 metres - repeat 8 to 10 times.

For the gym, stick to resistance training - HIIT will take care of your cardio. Work your core, your legs and your bum - upper body too, of course, but the latter are what people seem to care most about when it comes to bikini bodies.
itshollaaay
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Kagutsuchi)
The first step will always be fixing your diet - make sure it's nutrient dense with a nice balance of proteins, fats, carbs, vitamins and fibre. Your body will draw fuel for recovery and growth from your diet, so without a proper diet tailored towards your fitness goal, it'll all be for nothing.

As you want to lose fat, get onto a calorie deficit, but do not compromise on nutrition. You still need your proteins, fats, vitamins, carbs and fibre.

For the toned shape, you want muscle. The muscle is already there - it's just under fat. Once you've lost the fat from the calorie deficit coupled with exercise, you'll see your muscle. To define the muscle, do muscle training.

Since you say you're fit, do HIIT training twice a week to shred away the fat. Warm up 800 metre jog. Sprint for 100 metres, jog for 200 metres - repeat 8 to 10 times.

For the gym, stick to resistance training - HIIT will take care of your cardio. Work your core, your legs and your bum - upper body too, of course, but the latter are what people seem to care most about when it comes to bikini bodies.
Thanks for your help! I won't really go on a diet as such, don't think I could haha, I'll just cut out the crisps and chocolate as the rest of what I eat is balanced Thanks for the advice on the HIIT as well, as I wouldn't know how long to do it for and how often.
Kagutsuchi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by itshollaaay)
Thanks for your help! I won't really go on a diet as such, don't think I could haha, I'll just cut out the crisps and chocolate as the rest of what I eat is balanced Thanks for the advice on the HIIT as well, as I wouldn't know how long to do it for and how often.
Balanced and nutrient-dense, I hope.

HIIT and weight training consumes a lot of nutrients, so you need to make sure you have enough.
Bale90
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think diet's a little more important than exercising here. No matter how much you exercise, if you eat unhealthily you'll never get rid of the calories.
Pegasus2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
wasting your time on cardio equipment if you're on it less than 20 minutes, for HIIT or otherwise.
SEHughes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus2)
wasting your time on cardio equipment if you're on it less than 20 minutes, for HIIT or otherwise.
Because no one ever did the Tabata protocol for less than 20 minutes
Pegasus2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Even our shortest HIIT sessions took 20 minutes all said and done.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.78%
I'm not sure (44)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.85%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.56%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.47%

Watched Threads