slytherinatardis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Can someone help with Theories? I messed up in the last exam as I didn't include any as the only one i could remember was Feminism but i couldn't think how to put that in my answer.... I don't do well in exam situations so any tips would be helpful
thanks!
leonneoneill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Theories, aren't really important at AS, focus more on the methods. Just make sure you know the Functionalist and Marxist theories of education. The New Right and Feminism aren't as important, but you would probably pick up some extra marks for making reference to them.
Names are the most important when writing your 20 mark essay in the education section, but the examiner doesn't expect you to be able to know which sociological perspective they fall under. (this is what my teacher tells us)
When writing the methods essays, use the P.E.R.V.E.R.T structure. If you can write something about each of the headings then you will get a good mark.
slytherinatardis
Rep:
?
Thank you! If I didn't include theories or sociologists in Unit 1 would I still be able to pass or will it be a U? bleugh hopefully I pass this one....
leonneoneill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You could probably still pass, I didn't mention a lot of names last year when I done the unit one paper, but I came out with an A in it and a D in education, but I still passed with a low C. I'm repeating education this year and hoping to get at least a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
slytherinatardis
Rep:
?
Thanks again and Good Luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads