The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinaa
How was it guys !?? :wink:

Found that some questions were a bit confusing, and my friends got a few different answers to each other. For example, the first question on static electricity kindda sucked for me, I think I dropped like 3 marks......

Apart from that, I think if i got all the formula questions correct and that dodgy question on momentum, then I might've got 50/60 ish
Original post by damnthoseexams
Found that some questions were a bit confusing, and my friends got a few different answers to each other. For example, the first question on static electricity kindda sucked for me, I think I dropped like 3 marks......

Apart from that, I think if i got all the formula questions correct and that dodgy question on momentum, then I might've got 50/60 ish

^ That :smile:

What did you get for the momentum question? The formula one...
Reply 3
P2 was SOLID i found it really hard, there were not many maths questions which sucked ffs, and the 6 mark question and stars question i messed up so great:smile:)
found it goooooooooooood. apart from the questions I didn't know.
Original post by jabire3

I got -7 m/s in my calculation and explained that that meant 7m/s in the opposite direction due to the minus. Then for some stupid reason I wrote where you put your answer just 7 without the minus :P
I found the physics 2 exam pretty easy, but I did forgot the symbol for a thermistor -.- physics 3 was average, had some things I could do and some things I wasn't sure on
Reply 7
Original post by jabire3

7 m/s
Original post by Danny Care
found it goooooooooooood. apart from the questions I didn't know.

LOL Danny that could be the whole exam then!
LOL Danny that could be the whole exam then!

nah nah.... yeeeeaaaa yea
I got -7 m/s in my calculation and explained that that meant 7m/s in the opposite direction due to the minus. Then for some stupid reason I wrote where you put your answer just 7 without the minus :P

Do you remember how you got 7m/s?
is it just me that thinks they've failed
Both went really well. Unit 3 was particularly good for me :wink:
Original post by AlphaNick

I should agree - P3 was one of the easiest tests I've ever done.
Reply 14
Original post by AstroNandos
I found the physics 2 exam pretty easy, but I did forgot the symbol for a thermistor -.- physics 3 was average, had some things I could do and some things I wasn't sure on

OMG ;L i forgot that too..
Definitely the hardest exam out of the three some things just threw me off which meant losing silly marks such as the thermistor symbol. Everyone in my school found it difficult whereas most found Chemistry easy
Original post by Sophsha

Yes. I used this formula:

(Mass of skateboarder x Velocity of Skateboarder) = -(Velocity of Skateboard x Mass of Skateboard)

Then after substituting in the correct numbers, I then re-arranged the formula to get -7m/s

My whole class got -7m/s so u can be almost certain that the answer was -7m/s! But who knows!
Original post by Sophsha

42 / 0.3 = 12.6
-12.6 / 1.8 = -7 m/s

(negative since total momentum should add to 0 kg m/s)
Do you think they'll give you the mark if you put 7m/s and not -7m/s?
Reply 19
Original post by AlphaNick

Hah, me and my friend in school were talking about you!

Latest