The Student Room Group

First date uncertainty….

Hi so basically I asked this girl out from my uni over the weekend - i've known her for a couple of months, thought it was the right time to go for it. She seemed excited about the date, a dinner and music event, and said she was up for it. After I confirmed what day, she hasn't yet replied and I have no clue what she is feeling...

Any suggestions on what I should do?

anon as i know people here.
Reply 1
Just to add, I asked her last week to go to a similar event which is in june and again she happily agreed, and seemed pretty excited about it. The only reason I planned another date was because june is still quite far away and I won't get a chance to see her before then.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi so basically I asked this girl out from my uni over the weekend - i've known her for a couple of months, thought it was the right time to go for it. She seemed excited about the date, a dinner and music event, and said she was up for it. After I confirmed what day, she hasn't yet replied and I have no clue what she is feeling...

Any suggestions on what I should do?

anon as i know people here.

If this is a hurdle, good luck on the date

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by PrincePauper
If this is a hurdle, good luck on the date

Posted from TSR Mobile

not sure what you mean - it is my first proper date with a girl so not sure if this is normal!
It depends how long it has been, she may have just forgotten to reply. If it is nearing the date why not just send a text to her such as;
'Hey I was wondering if you were still up for going to that thing? Thinking about booking the tickets, let me know'

That way if she wants to she will say so if she doesn't she has an easy get out clause (she forgot, she's busy etc.) or she'll be a pussy and not reply. Either way you get your answer.
not sure what you mean - it is my first proper date with a girl so not sure if this is normal!

Fair enough. If this is your first date ever, why don't you just go out to a bar/pub and get drinks? Dinner and a music event seems a bit too much of a commitment. You've got to at least give her a get out of jail card if things go sour. With what you've got planned she would have to stay with you throughout the whole event until it's over. Maybe that's why, although the idea is a nice one, a bit reluctant.

On first dates all you have to do is keep it simple. Convo and a good atmosphere really do work. Make your music event n dinner a second date

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Fair enough. If this is your first date ever, why don't you just go out to a bar/pub and get drinks? Dinner and a music event seems a bit too much of a commitment. You've got to at least give her a get out of jail card if things go sour. With what you've got planned she would have to stay with you throughout the whole event until it's over. Maybe that's why, although the idea is a nice one, a bit reluctant.

On first dates all you have to do is keep it simple. Convo and a good atmosphere really do work. Make your music event n dinner a second date

Posted from TSR Mobile

she's 17 so can't do that! but do you think she expects me to message her or would that look a bit clingy?
she's 17 so can't do that! but do you think she expects me to message her or would that look a bit clingy?

You're taking a 17 year old to dinner? On a first date, definitely OTT in my opinion. What is she going to drink, sprite? Lol. How often do you chat? Just bring it up in a convo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
You're taking a 17 year old to dinner? On a first date, definitely OTT in my opinion. What is she going to drink, sprite? Lol. How often do you chat? Just bring it up in a convo

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not as dramatic as it sounds I.e taking a 17yo for dinner first time...

We have been sort of friends for a few weeks and sometimes I feel a connection but then I feel that she is shy and that is why she seems hesitant.

Also I know that girls tend to play hard to get in this kind of situation - she has often initiated conversations and then shyed away. We would talk about music/films over texts but nothing over the past one or two days... Is it best to just wait another day or two?

I flirted a little bit over text and she seemed to take it casually, no flirting back or anything, just laughed it off. She is a mature type of girl and the idea of a dinner with music really appealed to her and that is the only reason why I am feeling confused...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending