The Student Room Group

AQA AS German May 2014?

Just wondering how does one go about structuring a language essay? I've never really been good at it and wondering if anyone had any advice? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Point example explanation xx
So nervous for this tomorrow!!
Whatever you do, make sure you explicitly answer the question in order to get your marks on content - that's what I've learnt anyway

So I would write like your reaction to the question in the intro and then talk a bit about whatever the question is

Then write around 3-4 paragraphs depending on what the topic is but make sure they're well planned

Then conclude with maybe your opinion and a general summary of what you've said

Sorry it's not great advice because it really does depend on the question but I hope that's of some help, Viel Glück!
Reply 4
What even was that paper?!? :s-smilie:
How did everyone find it?
I thought the essays were fair
The reading question on holidays where you had to fill in the gaps was a bit strange though.
Original post by kamich
What even was that paper?!? :s-smilie:

How do you mean?
Reply 7
Original post by platypus1997
How do you mean?

OK, maybe it was just me but I found it defo the hardest paper I ever took... I really hated the essay questions, and just generally thought it to be an incredibly dull paper...
It was so hard
Original post by joebrownb18
It was so hard

which essay did you do?
which essay did you do?

I thought the paper was really hard too!! I did the essay about work life balance.
Original post by memoona123456
I thought the paper was really hard too!! I did the essay about work life balance.

I wasn't sure whether to do work life balance or music
-ended up going with music
I think grade boundaries will be fairly low. Perhaps 88 ish for an A
Anyone want to discuss answers?
What did people get for the grammar section?
Original post by supergrantholt
What did people get for the grammar section?

Any in particular?
I'm struggling to remember the questions, I was hoping someone could jog my memory. I seem to remember I put 'en' endings on for most of the adjective endings :s-smilie: I was really rushed at this point, as only had 40mins left for the essay
Original post by supergrantholt
I'm struggling to remember the questions, I was hoping someone could jog my memory. I seem to remember I put 'en' endings on for most of the adjective endings :s-smilie: I was really rushed at this point, as only had 40mins left for the essay

Yeah I seem to remember en a lot
Reply 18
Yeah I seem to remember en a lot

I had wird,gekostet,fernsieht thats all i remember
Original post by kas123
I had wird,gekostet,fernsieht thats all i remember

I put kostete but doubting that now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest