The Student Room Group

Sociology OCR B672 GCSE 19/05/2014

Anyone else done this exam today, if so, how did it go?
Reply 1
The 24 marker on Youth! Who else did this?
'Young people join gangs because they want to make new friends. Evaluate arguements for and against this statement'.
Usually, it states 'The main reason why.. Bla bla bla is bla bla bla..' And you could easily compare it with other reasons why people join and how they are more effective and use them as points against this statement.
What arguments did you give for and against this?!
Original post by ham2ah
The 24 marker on Youth! Who else did this?
'Young people join gangs because they want to make new friends. Evaluate arguements for and against this statement'.
Usually, it states 'The main reason why.. Bla bla bla is bla bla bla..' And you could easily compare it with other reasons why people join and how they are more effective and use them as points against this statement.
What arguments did you give for and against this?!

Yh i know, that question was really strange. but here is what i did for and against:

For: peer pressure, not joining a gang could mean that they loose friends rather than make friends (if they dont conform)

I put two other factors but cannot fully remember them.

Against:
status frustration
sense of belonging
family lack of family ties in with sense of belonging
buzz from possible criminal activity
and money from criminal activity.

obviously in the actual answer those points were much more developed
Reply 3
Yes! I found that 24 marker really hard compared to the other two i did (education and crime & deviance)
I also did peer pressure for the for, and i think i mentioned replacing family but im sure thats incorrect :frown: oh well my againsts were so much better
The 8 marker for that confused me, what did you guys put: Identify and explain 2 ways in which childhood is not disappearing
What did you put for against?
Original post by aalxyah
Yes! I found that 24 marker really hard compared to the other two i did (education and crime & deviance)
I also did peer pressure for the for, and i think i mentioned replacing family but im sure thats incorrect :frown: oh well my againsts were so much better
The 8 marker for that confused me, what did you guys put: Identify and explain 2 ways in which childhood is not disappearing

Original post by aalxyah

For the eight mark question I put that maybe childhood didn't exist in the first place. Used some evidenve from the middle ages and tribes. And put that maybe the aspects which are seen to be corroding childhood are infact part of childhood.(though I'm not sure about that last point (strength wise))
Reply 7
Original post by 1TrueMeaning

i think i put down boredom, status frustration same as you tbh :smile:
Original post by aalxyah
i think i put down boredom, status frustration same as you tbh :smile:

That's good to know.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest