Odyssey AS Level past papers anyone?

Watch
thedor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've got my classics exam on Wednesday and can't find any past papers for the odyssey. Really I'm just curious which books have come up in the past. Link anyone?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thedor)
I've got my classics exam on Wednesday and can't find any past papers for the odyssey. Really I'm just curious which books have come up in the past. Link anyone?
Heya, I'm just going to pop this in the classics forum for you as you should get more responses there.
BluWacky
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thedor)
All the past papers are on the exam board's website:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...ion-h041-h441/

You can look at exam papers from 2009-2012.

Are you self-taught? If not, why are you not being given past papers by your teacher?

In response to "which books have come up in the past", obviously you need to have read all the prescribed books in order to answer the Section B questions... but for Section A:

2009 - Book 4 (question based around the suitors) and Book 11 (Odysseus meets his mother in Hades)
2010 - Book 10 (bag of winds, essay on Odysseus's communication with his men) and Book 19 (Odysseus meets Penelope in disguise - essay on how they test each other)
2011 - Book 6 (Nausicaa, essay on gods) and Book 21 (contest of the bow, essay on Telemachus)
2012 - Book 9 (Cyclops, essay on supernatural) and Book 19 (Penelope and the suitors, essay on Penelope)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
11.03%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (87)
63.97%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (18)
13.24%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (13)
9.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.21%

Watched Threads