The Raid 2: Berendal

Watch
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Just watched it, amazing film. Indonesian language and martial arts, what more could you want? One of my fave films of the last 10 years.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
Just watched it, amazing film. Indonesian language and martial arts, what more could you want? One of my fave films of the last 10 years.
Do you speak Indonesian or did you have it subtitled? I've never really watched many martial arts films!
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Do you speak Indonesian or did you have it subtitled? I've never really watched many martial arts films!
It is Indonesian language but has English subs, as it is made for an American audience.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
It is Indonesian language but has English subs, as it is made for an American audience.
Ah okay, that makes sense! I'm never sure if I enjoy watching subbed films as never sure I'm fully engaging!
alexschmalex
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Ah okay, that makes sense! I'm never sure if I enjoy watching subbed films as never sure I'm fully engaging!
Just watch it, you will ADORE it. Watch the first one first though, it'll make you appreciate the scope of the second one even more. The Raid 2 is easily my favorite movie of the year!
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by alexschmalex)
Just watch it, you will ADORE it. Watch the first one first though, it'll make you appreciate the scope of the second one even more. The Raid 2 is easily my favorite movie of the year!
I'll add it to my list of things to watch this summer :yy:
HaQ_mAn_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I watched the first one, need to watch the second, but it doesnt seem like a film to take a girl to
silent ninja
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This was quite frankly phenomenal. Easily 10/10. This was up there with the best films I've seen in the last decade. A true cinematic spectacle! The crowd loooved it and and got so involved at our cinema.

The fight scenes were brutal, artistic, adrenaline pumping. The last half an hour, the ante is upped and upped again. I thought Ip Man had amongst the best ever fight scenes choreographed, but dare I say this film topped it. This isn't one of those times where you say "I went to the cinema... I watched a great film" and then it's forgotten about. This is one of those big lamposts in your cinema viewing that you'll look back on and say "that was special." I watched Captain America the week before-- perfectly good movie ,but that's it. I wont remeber it one but. To even compare it to Raid 2 is laughable. The difference in class, realism, HEART, is oceans.

If you're in to action films you will love this. If you like martial arts films, this will blow you away. Just wow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads