History : edexcel the changing role of women in Britain 1860-1930

Watch
Melody25
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey, I'm not very confident on sources paper and my exam is on Thursday. Could somebody help me on how to structure both part a and part b questions. Thanks
kk777
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
anyone got any predictions?
Phillcorn
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Melody25)
Hey, I'm not very confident on sources paper and my exam is on Thursday. Could somebody help me on how to structure both part a and part b questions. Thanks
For part A) question, structuring is fairly simple. First make a plan, list all the points the soucres mention, then see if they agree or contradict each other. And it is also crucial to talk about wether the sources are reliable, so you will need a little of your own knowledge.

As for part B), this get a little trickier but dont get scared, at first you tackle the sources similarly to part A) except, for whatever point you highlight, you must support or disagree with using a lot of your knowledge.

My personal advice for revesion is making a list of all the acts that were introduced in the period 1860-1930, and also write down a little about all the significant people mentioned throughout the book (Emmeline Pankhurst, Millicent Fawcett, Josephine Butler, Asquitg, Lloyed George, Buss&Beale, etc.)

Hope this helps haha, Im taking the same exam so good luck
inyoursoapeyes
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My Teacher thinks that the Contagious Diseases Acts may come up because they haven't for quite a while.
I'm quite nervous too, I don't know how to get enough own knowledge detail into the 40 Mark questions :/
facetiousx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Phillcorn)
For part A) question, structuring is fairly simple. First make a plan, list all the points the soucres mention, then see if they agree or contradict each other. And it is also crucial to talk about wether the sources are reliable, so you will need a little of your own knowledge.

As for part B), this get a little trickier but dont get scared, at first you tackle the sources similarly to part A) except, for whatever point you highlight, you must support or disagree with using a lot of your knowledge.

My personal advice for revesion is making a list of all the acts that were introduced in the period 1860-1930, and also write down a little about all the significant people mentioned throughout the book (Emmeline Pankhurst, Millicent Fawcett, Josephine Butler, Asquitg, Lloyed George, Buss&Beale, etc.)

My teacher told our class to "NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" mention reliability of the source, she says it makes you loose marks but instead to mention how much weight you'd put on the source :/
Melody25
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Phillcorn)

Thanks for this! How did you find it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (27)
14.44%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (55)
29.41%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
40.11%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.37%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.67%

Watched Threads