Ideas for a job during Ecology & Conservation degree

Watch
FelicityMarie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone,

I currently work as a Healthcare Assistant for the NHS (it's well paid and close to home) but I am starting a degree in Ecology & Conservation this September. Does anybody have any ideas of a part time job I could do that would be beneficial to future employment rather than working in a hospital?

I already do volunteer work but I have very high rent (I live with my boyfriend) and can't afford to not work as many days as possible once I start University.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
campervan2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No but if you find any could you let me know. I am studying Geography and would love to do some part time work in this kind of area.

Thanks.
cathyhelen2001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello, I am in my final year of my Degree in Ecology and Conservation Management at Sparsholt. There are different things that you can try such as voluntary work for an organisation such as Wildlife Trust, National trust, BCT, etc. I did a lot of voluntary work before I joined my course. Voluntary work looks very good on your CV and future employers appreciate it if you are willing to work at the weekends.

I work as a Zero hour/Causal worker over the summer. If you have some experience with licences or a strong passion it is possible to do a Zero hour contract or Casual work over the summer. However, you will need to fill in paper work with some consultancies to explain why you would like to work as a Zero hour contractor. Sometimes, it is necessary to complete a telephone interview. Having some experience with voluntary surveys is an advantage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.32%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.04%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.23%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (65)
26.42%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.11%

Watched Threads