Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...I used to think that "beseeted" was a religious word (when the Vicar says "please be seated") and I didn't get what it actually meant for a long time. What used to confuse you when you were little? Did you ever do/think anything that was perfectly acceptable to you as a child but now you realise how wrong you were?

ReputationRep:
    For quite some time I believed that blood cells talked, and had arms and legged. I blame some cartoon on the BBC which suggested they did.

ReputationRep:
    when i was little i used to think "the french" were bread sticks... :rolleyes: i was such a silly little kid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    ...I used to think that "beseeted" was a religious word and I didn't get what it actually meant for a long time. What used to confuse you when you were little? Did you ever do/think anything that was perfectly acceptable to you as a child but now you realise how wrong you were?

Picking my nose & keeping lots and lots of ladybirds in a jam jar full of grass......i now realises,that not only was i a gross lil kid but also cruel! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissit)
    Picking my nose & keeping lots and lots of ladybirds in a jam jar full of grass......i now realises,that not only was i a gross lil kid but also cruel! lol
    Agh I forgot about that! And bees! I went through a stage of catching bees! Was I insane? Yes I think I was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Agh I forgot about that! And bees! I went through a stage of catching bees! Was I insane? Yes I think I was.
    Yeah and me...and wasps until a wasp escaped and stung me on my lip!!
    looked like i had been given the worst collogen injections ever! lol

ReputationRep:
    My dad told me when the ice cream truck played music it had run out of ice cream . Thing was that i'm sure when the bloke saw me he pretended he'd run out because he started playing then.

I used the word ament (ie. your not ament to do that), right up to gcse's. mum thought it was cute and didn't want to tell me. My english teacher helped me rumble her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    I used the word ament (ie. your not ament to do that), right up to gcse's. mum thought it was cute and didn't want to tell me. My english teacher helped me rumble her!
    Eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    My dad told me when the ice cream truck played music it had run out of ice cream . Thing was that i'm sure when the bloke saw me he pretended he'd run out because he started playing then.

I used the word ament (ie. your not ament), right up to gcse's. mum thought it was cute and didn't want to tell me. My english teacher helped me rumble her!
    My mum told me that CID actually meant copper in disguise...and of course the day the school had a visit from the local bobby's i was the smart arse who attempted to answer the question...Who knows about cid?
    Oh how we laughed! (not) lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and me...and wasps until a wasp escaped and stung me on my lip!!
    looked like i had been given the worst collogen injections ever! lol
    That's gross. I'm so sorry. Looks like I got out of the game just in time.

ReputationRep:
    Did you know that you can frezze bees, and when they defrost they're completely unharmed. So you can catch them, freeze them, tie little leads around them when they're still frozen, and when they defrost you can have a proper pet bee and take it for walks on its lead...!! Apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Oh yeah and i got ran over by the ice cream van!! Accident prone child....but suprisingly the truck music doesnt give me nightmares! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Did you know that you can frezze bees, and when they defrost they're completely unharmed. So you can catch them, freeze them, tie little leads around them when they're still frozen, and when they defrost you can have a proper pet bee and take it for walks on its lead...!! Apparently.
    That sounds SO SO tempting to try, but I couldn't bare the thought of death by freezer if you're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember about me, but my sister used to think that if you turned left from the road to Gerrards Cross and drove down it you would end up in America

ReputationRep:
    That sounds SO SO tempting to try, but I couldn't bare the thought of death by freezer if you're wrong.
    If a bee stings you, it dies....so even if it doesnt die from freezing, it wont attack your lips! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    ...I used to think that "beseeted" was a religious word (when the Vicar says "please be seated") and I didn't get what it actually meant for a long time. What used to confuse you when you were little? Did you ever do/think anything that was perfectly acceptable to you as a child but now you realise how wrong you were?
    hmm i also remember finding the film 'critters' horrifying and was convinced they lived under every bed. Needless to say i tried not to walk on the floor and instead jump from my bed & out of the bedroom door! lol

ReputationRep:
    If a bee stings you, it dies....so even if it doesnt die from freezing, it wont attack your lips! lol
    The bee only dies if the stinger is left inside you, which is not always the case. And male bees cannot sting - so if you have the opportunity to sex the bee in question you need not fear being stung

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    The bee only dies if the stinger is left inside you, which is not always the case. And male bees cannot sting - so if you have the opportunity to sex the bee in question you need not fear being stung
    I dont plan to ever get that close to either bee's or wasps ever again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    My cousin was called Randall. So when we sang the Christian song "I surrender all" in church, I used to think "surrender" was spelt as "Sir Randall". heh

ReputationRep:
    When I used to go shopping with my mum I thought the supermarket was called OCSET because the TESCO sign was vertical and I read it from the bottom up!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.