This discussion is closed.
kissit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
When I used to go shopping with my mum I thought the supermarket was called OCSET because the TESCO sign was vertical and I read it from the bottom up!
lol!
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When I was 4 I got a bee sting on my neck, I always thought the mole on my neck was the sting which hadnt fallen out properly! I also thought that dogs and cats were rude because they had no knickers on... my cat wasnt too amused when I tried to put some on him :rolleyes:
s-man
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
when i was young i kept on pronouncing 'hospital' as 'hopstipal' and 'wasp' as 'waps', damn i was such a retard
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
...I used to think that "beseeted" was a religious word (when the Vicar says "please be seated") and I didn't get what it actually meant for a long time. What used to confuse you when you were little? Did you ever do/think anything that was perfectly acceptable to you as a child but now you realise how wrong you were?
...That if you touched an orange/or any other coloured ladybird other than a red ladybird then you would have only a few hours to live. This was a common belief held by every five year old in my first primary school. I spent an entire day - an innocent five year old - believing i would die after an orange ladybird landed on me - my teacher failed to enlighten me and i endured the agonising sympathy of my classmates on that sticky summer day. It was only at the end of the day when my mother collected me did I find out that I wasn't going to die at all! :mad:
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
when i was about five i used to go to a private school and we had these very posh pizzas which had mushrooms on them - we all thought these were in fact dead birds that the teachers had hunted during our daily excursion to Hyde Park. We always made a point of taking them off our pizzas before eating them and one time a girl ate it without realising it and when we told her she burst into tears.
deary_ma_leary
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you know 'amen' i used to get confused because the first time i heard it was in reception (im not religious) and at the time i had a teacher called mrs ahmed and me and my sister couldn't work out quite what it was that was said after grace-convinced that it was amen
kissit
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by deary_ma_leary)
you know 'amen' i used to get confused because the first time i heard it was in reception (im not religious) and at the time i had a teacher called mrs ahmed and me and my sister couldn't work out quite what it was that was said after grace-convinced that it was amen
I used to think 'amen' was actually our men...hmm! lol
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by kissit)
...or R-men, like X-men!!!
deary_ma_leary
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kissit)
in yr 6 we thought we were so clever because we used to say our women!
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought that people were shrunk at the BBC and sent down the cable inside my TV.

Ah, the good old days.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought babies came out of belly buttons.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I used to believe that if you broke your arm/leg it literally broke off and the plaster was to hold it back on.

I also believed that god lived on my lampshade (it *was* a Mr Men one)
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i thought the channel tunnel was clear- and it would like those shark tunnels you get in aquariums.

i thought if you bit your nails, you'd get holes in your stomach.

i thought i could see america from southport beach (to be fair, you can on a really really clear day see the isle of man)

and i thought mussels (yes, the shell-fish) could walk. when i was about 5 i was on a french beach and i had this plastic necklace that got turned round and was on my back and i ran along the beach screaming 'there's a mussels on my back!!!!!'... never quite heard the end of that one.

lou xxx
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
I used to believe that if you broke your arm/leg it literally broke off and the plaster was to hold it back on.

I also believed that god lived on my lampshade (it *was* a Mr Men one)
LOL For some reason I used to think that these ladybirds lived in my lightbulb... I called them Mr and Mrs Ladybird. They looked cartooney and were about the size of mice (like they could fit into my lightbulb!!) and they wore clothes?! WTF :rolleyes:
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I used to think parmasan cheese was grated goats nails, as my uncle and dad had told me one time
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
i thought i could see america from southport beach (to be fair, you can on a really really clear day see the isle of man)
We'd always go down to crosby beach and on a clear day my parents would say "ooh you can see Wales today"

I spent hours scanning the water for whales
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
We'd always go down to crosby beach and on a clear day my parents would say "ooh you can see Wales today"

I spent hours scanning the water for whales
haha i did that too! and i'd get really frustrated going 'where, i can't see!' and they'd be like 'there'... grr, so annoying.

lou xxx
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
when i was about 6 or 7, i was driving in the car with my dad, (i can still remember exactly the spot on the road) and i said

"dad, you know in the olden days, were you in black and white too, like on the tv, and in the pictures??"

now that's stupid!

:eek:
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
haha i did that too! and i'd get really frustrated going 'where, i can't see!' and they'd be like 'there'... grr, so annoying.

lou xxx
haha I'm so slow I only just got that
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
haha I'm so slow I only just got that
it took me several years...

lou xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (297)
46.26%
No (74)
11.53%
I'm not old enough (271)
42.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed