What book would you love to be turned into a movie?

Watch
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Are there ever books you've read which you'd love to have made into a movie? Ones where you literally can picture it so clearly? Actors and actresses you know would be perfect for your key character?

For me The Doomspell by Cliff McNish would be an absolutely amazing movie! It's written in a very image heavy way and you can really imagine it all playing out on the screen! And after seeing Angelina Jolie as Maleficent I think she would be amazing for the evil witch in this book and really bring a lot to the role.
Emma:-)
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
'Now then lad' by mike pannett

And also 'a street cat called bob' by james bowen, but i think that one is in the process of being made into a film anyway
daisychain_
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
'Perfect People' by Peter James
Kandy_Kain_94
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Eragon. It should have been such a wonderful movie if it had a larger budget! The whole Inheritance Cycle should be done properly because that awful movie was wretched :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
donutellme
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
Eragon. It should have been such a wonderful movie if it had a larger budget! The whole Inheritance Cycle should be done properly because that awful movie was wretched :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
YESYESYESYESYESYES

The movie was awful. Saphira was spot on though.
TheSweatyNerd
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
50 shades of grey.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
(Original post by TheSweatyNerd)
50 shades of grey.
Already being turned into a movie
(Original post by Emma:-))
'Now then lad' by mike pannett

And also 'a street cat called bob' by james bowen, but i think that one is in the process of being made into a film anyway
It's really satisfying when a book you love gets turned into a movie (at least until you see it, then it can be disappointing!)

(Original post by Kandy_Kain_94)
Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman
YESS!! Sure this would be a fabby movie!
username1258398
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
For me The Doomspell by Cliff McNish would be an absolutely amazing movie! It's written in a very image heavy way and you can really imagine it all playing out on the screen! And after seeing Angelina Jolie as Maleficent I think she would be amazing for the evil witch in this book and really bring a lot to the role.
Someone else knows The Doomspell. :cry2:

But yeah, those books would make awesome movies! I think it would take a lot of CGI to stay true to the witches in the book - multiple mouths and all that.

Also, I'm really hoping for movie-versions of the H.I.V.E. books by Mark Walden.
GCSEsitter
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
The alchymest
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
(Original post by StrangeBanana)
Someone else knows The Doomspell. :cry2:

But yeah, those books would make awesome movies! I think it would take a lot of CGI to stay true to the witches in the book - multiple mouths and all that.

Also, I'm really hoping for movie-versions of the H.I.V.E. books by Mark Walden.
OH MY GOODNESS I'VE NEVER MET ANYONE ELSE WHO KNOWS THE DOOMSPELL!! *excitedly flails* yeah it would take a lot of CGI but would be so so worth it!!

Ooo never heard of those!
humanb33N
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Nothing by Jane Teller

It's lovely, dark and haunting so it'd be awesome if Jane Chapman would direct it
emilb28
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for the memories- Cecilia Ahern

Posted from TSR Mobile
RandomGuy11270
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Mein Kempft - could be really good if done properly, obviously not a straight adaption from the book but more an insight into Hitler and why he was so messed up
Chlorophile
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
None, I'd be too scared that they'd ruin it. They ruined my favourite book, The Northern Lights, when they turned it into a film and I don't want that to happen again.
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Young Bond :cool:
tazza ma razza
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Darren Shaan Demonata series - that was sickkkkk

Emperor series (would have to be done very well)
Mr...
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
They should redo Percy Jackson movies and make them accurate.:rant:
MissNix
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If I can be certain it won't be horrible, Skulduggery Pleasant-Derek Landy. Hell it'd probably be cool as an animated series as well.
Jaegon Targaryen
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by donutellme)
YESYESYESYESYESYES

The movie was awful. Saphira was spot on though.
I think those books were terrible , they offered the same pleasures as any fantasy and I suppose thats why I read them but they tried too hard to be deep , stole multiple Tolkin-esque and Star Wars elements and did a bad job at tying up the ends in the final book , way too much Deus ex machina too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6.49%
October 2021 (89)
48.11%
November 2021 (19)
10.27%
December 2021 (29)
15.68%
January 2021 (15)
8.11%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (18)
9.73%