The Student Room Group

WJEC Physics PH1 20th May 2014

How did everyone do in this exam? :smile: I think it was ok.

Scroll to see replies

pretty good, couple of the 3 markers I have no idea whether i've hit the mark scheme points and mucked up the calculation on the 1st page but apart from that fine.
Went ok. I only had a problem with those two three markers for hooke's law. I had no clue there.
what did you get for 1st calculation in the paper? Calculate work done against friction, and then calculate resistive force?
Original post by Wiggledinho
what did you get for 1st calculation in the paper? Calculate work done against friction, and then calculate resistive force?

I think i had something like 22.2N for the resistive force
Original post by Shootingpeas
I think i had something like 22.2N for the resistive force

same :biggrin: can you remember what you got for the first bit?
Reply 6

88. something Joules for work done, 22.2N for resistive force
same :biggrin: can you remember what you got for the first bit?

oh yeah 88.8J ish for the work done :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cfcheung
88. something Joules for work done, 22.2N for resistive force

damm got first part wrong, second part right.

I did Work Done = Change in KE for 1st part, whys that wrong?
Reply 9
damm got first part wrong, second part right.

I did Work Done = Change in KE for 1st part, whys that wrong?

Should be GPE (mgh) - KE, which is the energy lost i.e. due to friction

yeah just realised, its so obvious now ffs
yah damn i messed up first calculation then i had 355J, then i divided this by 2.4m :/ for force

if the mark breakdown is (seeing as its 3 marks); calculate GPE (1), calculate KE (1) find difference (1), theres a chance i got 1/3 do you think?
Did the paper last year and got a B due to the ridiciously high grade boundaries and the fact I didn't know enough.
This paper was nearly as easy as last years and I bothered to learn everything, can only say the hardest Q for me was the last moments 3M(Worked it out without using moments to get 940N, correct?) and the Hookes law what happens when you use 2 springs instead of one.
Other than that a fairly easy paper, expecting 64/65 for an A, hopefully hit that 110ums atleast!
What did everybody get for the emf, pd and internal resistance?
I got emf = 6V pd= 5.4V and internal resistance at 4 ohm
It was 0.4 not 4 ohms for internal resistance
Original post by Speckleone
Did the paper last year and got a B due to the ridiciously high grade boundaries and the fact I didn't know enough.
This paper was nearly as easy as last years and I bothered to learn everything, can only say the hardest Q for me was the last moments 3M(Worked it out without using moments to get 940N, correct?) and the Hookes law what happens when you use 2 springs instead of one.
Other than that a fairly easy paper, expecting 64/65 for an A, hopefully hit that 110ums atleast!

Yeah i think that's what i got and for the spring one i think the extension is halved but the total potential energy is the same
Original post by bob963258741
It was 0.4 not 4 ohms for internal resistance

How was it 0.4? because V=E-Ir so 5.4=6-0.15r so r=4
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
No it wasn't.. I'm pretty sure it was 4 ohms (0.6V ÷ 0.15A)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else choose "A" for the aeroplane question?

Quick Reply

Latest