DizzyDreamer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys, just had my English literature exam on the 16th- Dorian Gray and Emily Dickinskon.
I was wondering, for those of you who have taken Literature at AS, in your experience how generous are OCR in awarding marks?
Any insight would be much appreciated!
samuelnineham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did Dorian Gray and Edward Thomas for mine, and I'd say they were fair. They marked more generously than my teacher did, but they weren't overly generous. If you plan to continue it to A2, make sure you religiously keep to the markscheme on the coursework and submit a draft to your teacher every time you make any changes to it to make sure you're on the right track, it really helps you get marks and gives you a better position in the exam.

How did your exam go? Mine was a little shaky last year as the Dorian Gray questions were okay but we got the one Edward Thomas poem we didn't have time to revise and it seems to have pulled my mark down massively. Still got a C overall, which I'm thanking my coursework for! Good luck for results day
DizzyDreamer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by samuelnineham)
I did Dorian Gray and Edward Thomas for mine, and I'd say they were fair. They marked more generously than my teacher did, but they weren't overly generous. If you plan to continue it to A2, make sure you religiously keep to the markscheme on the coursework and submit a draft to your teacher every time you make any changes to it to make sure you're on the right track, it really helps you get marks and gives you a better position in the exam.

How did your exam go? Mine was a little shaky last year as the Dorian Gray questions were okay but we got the one Edward Thomas poem we didn't have time to revise and it seems to have pulled my mark down massively. Still got a C overall, which I'm thanking my coursework for! Good luck for results day
Thats great to know that they're fair! OCR has a reputation in my school as being a 'dodgy' exam board haha, so I was a little worried!
Thanks for the advice! Usually I rarely reference mark schemes so I'll keep that in mind!
I found the exam okay- Dickinson was nice, but Dorian questions were quite strangely worded IMO! Hopefully it goes okay! Thank you for your help and wishing me luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?