WJEC Englisih Literature Exam 20/05/2014

Watch
Zoelle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hii
Did anyone sit the WJEC English Lit exam? If so how did you find it?
aerohotchoc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I didn't think it was too bad! I did OMAM and then the unseen poetry, didn't have time to check through at the end though
Killerfishfinger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The poems weren't very nice.
KamilaMichalska
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the questions were quite alright for OMaM. Especially the one on Crooks as it's easy to explain how do you think it went?
DDan123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OMAM went really well for me. It was just the poems, it took me a while to understand them fully and then I ran out of time and didn't do enough comparison.

Posted from TSR Mobile
NathanH98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What was the last poem called, again?
Katiiie_louise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did To kill a mockingbird and I wish if done part c instead of b. Once I'd started doing the essay for 'how is scout presented throughout the novel' I knew I'd picked the wrong one. The other essay question was: "'you never really understand a person until you step in their shoes and walk around In them' How is this shown in the novel". I could have wrote about so many characters such as Tom, Boo, Mayella. I think the poems were okay.
I completely messed up though, Did anyone else NOT rule off for the separate questions because I forgot and I'm scared that they won't mark it? Help

Posted from TSR Mobile
aerohotchoc
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by NathanH98)
It was The Armada by Brian something
Invest
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aerohotchoc)
It was The Armada by Brian something
The Armada by Brian Patten
gabylouise
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the poems were quite alright and I struggled a bit on the crooks question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studygeek16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DDan123)
OMAM went really well for me. It was just the poems, it took me a while to understand them fully and then I ran out of time and didn't do enough comparison.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? I found the poem hard to understand at first, but I finished OMAM really quick and had 20 extra minutes so I figured them out. I didnt like the first poem, because I couldn't write a lot about it but I prefered the second one- I could say a lot more about it!
abbiieelouise97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I found 0MAM incredibly easy, especially the Crooks essay! Did anyone else feel as if they were repeating themselves in the Curley's wife extract though? Also the poetry was okay, didn't start the poetry until around 10:20 so only spent 40 minutes on it but I think I did okay
NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO Lord Of The Flies and Blood Brothers on Thursday, any predictions or help? thanksx
adam54
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought OMAM was good. The Curley's Wife extract question was straight forward and then the two options for the long answer were both equally okay (I chose to do the one on dreams). I think the poems could have been harder just wrote about how The Armarda one showed the relaitonship between child and mother as a war and in Coat said had she had more guidance than her mother. All okay really! Not looking forward to Heroes and An Inspector Calls though
project_legacy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Katiiie_louise)
I did To kill a mockingbird and I wish if done part c instead of b. Once I'd started doing the essay for 'how is scout presented throughout the novel' I knew I'd picked the wrong one. The other essay question was: "'you never really understand a person until you step in their shoes and walk around In them' How is this shown in the novel". I could have wrote about so many characters such as Tom, Boo, Mayella. I think the poems were okay.
I completely messed up though, Did anyone else NOT rule off for the separate questions because I forgot and I'm scared that they won't mark it? Help

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did To Kill A Mockingbird too, and I hate to say this but the C question was perfect. I wrote all about Miss Maudie, Miss Dubose, Mayella, Boo, how Atticus is symbolic of a cultural and moral movement in acceptance etc.

I found the poems were okay but could have been better.
project_legacy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone doing A View From the Bridge or A Christmas Carol on Thursday?
jemilicious98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Did anyone else make up quotes? Cause I did.I chose the dream question for OMAM, i really didnt have enough quotes for crooks. I ended up spending too much time on OMAM because i kept starting again...

The first poem was easier to talk about in comparison to the second one. I didnt have much to talk about but i managed to write three sides.... mhhhh....

My spelling and punctuation was so bad and my handwriting is just about legible....

TBH i'll settle for a B.

Im sh*tting myself about heroes and an inspector calls though...
hpiercey3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did the dreams question for OMAM, was so happy when it came up! I went through all the past papers and made a list of the ones that didn't come up in previous years

But the poetry was quite hard, The Armada poem took ages to figure out and understand? I hardly had any time to compare the two... luckily i managed to finish my point before the exam was finished

Thursday is going to be hell! AQA Geography followed by english :'( English is my least favourite subject and Geography is my favourite! Not a good combination! Now need the motivation to learn An Inspector Calls, honestly the most boring thing i've ever read...
DDan123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Timing was only a problem today. Honestly I couldn't be more happier the essay question was on crooks, but I spent more time on section A than I should have. When I started the poems I had 40 mins left, then it took me like 10 mins to read and figure out both poems. So I had like roughly half an hour for the poems, and I had to rush it. I'm still aiming for an A grade, I'll just have to do better on Thursday 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
amaniiiix
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OMAM was actually not that bad & the poems were pretty easy compared to previous years!
Zoelle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by NathanH98)
the armada i think:P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (81)
27%
No - I have already returned home (37)
12.33%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
20%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.33%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.33%

Watched Threads