The Student Room Group

Can someone help this confused Canadian Student? I have bacon...and Maple Syrup

Hello,
I am trying to determine how to rank my 5 choices for studying law in the UK. I have applied to four accelerated 2 year programs and one 3 year program.

Accelerated: University of Glasgow (unconditional offer received) University of Southampton (unconditional offer received) University of Birmingham (pending) and University of Leicester (pending)
3 Year: York (pending)

Some issues/concerns/questions:

NCA and degree certification back in Canada: I am going in with the mindset that I plan to return to Canada and do NCA certification. I know that, typically, if I get into Leicester, I will have 7 exams to write when I get back. Using that as a base of my knowledge, I know Birmingham offers a core NCA module : the Canadian Constitution. So I figure 6 for that.

I really am loving the structure of the University of Glasgow, I am really edging towards it because it also covers some of the other exams the NCA may decide to make me take: corporate, ethics, evidence. It is missing Tax. I hope to find someone who has done the NCA process with a degree from here because the only thing that worries me is that I may have to do more exams because it is scotts law.

What do you think would be the best quality of education in the UK and then within England? I do not care about night life, etc, way passed the partying phase I know what I want.

My choices as of now: Glasgow/Birmingham
York
Leicester
Southampton

What do you guys think?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending