The Student Room Group

GCSE Human Geography (AQA) - 22nd May 2014

Is anybody sitting this exam on Thursday? If so, what are your worries? What do you think will come up? Is there anything you're unsure about? Comment!

Scroll to see replies

i hate urbanisation :frown:
Reply 2
Dreading this exam... too many case studies! And as someone's already said, urbanisation sucks.
Original post by Samuelcd
Dreading this exam... too many case studies! And as someone's already said, urbanisation sucks.

I hate Globalisation! :frown:
Wonder if we'll need case studies that much after the physical exam made almost all my revision look pointless :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Crimson_King
Wonder if we'll need case studies that much after the physical exam made almost all my revision look pointless :s-smilie:

Maybe that's what they want you to think :eek:.

AQA has been so unpredictable this year.

Also to everyone, map skills are very likely to come up as they were not in the physical exam.
Original post by Samuelcd
Maybe that's what they want you to think :eek:.

AQA has been so unpredictable this year.

Also to everyone, map skills are very likely to come up as they were not in the physical exam.

AQA is sly :frown:

No! not map skills! We learned it the Saturday before the physical exam.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Marcusroye98
i hate urbanisation :frown:
Eurgh, me too! Although I know the case studies pretty much off by heart, so I hope they ask us a lot about them... On the physical paper, I learned all 20 and only one of them came up :mad:
Reply 8
Original post by emma_1111
I hate Globalisation! :frown:

My class was meant to study this but then my teacher changed it last minute and we did population instead... Not sure it was the right move though.
Reply 9
How did everyone find the unit 1 exam?
Original post by StefSmith
Eurgh, me too! Although I know the case studies pretty much off by heart, so I hope they ask us a lot about them... On the physical paper, I learned all 20 and only one of them came up :mad:

I prefer the case studies :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Marcusroye98
I prefer the case studies :smile:

It's easy marks if you know your stuff. Remember guys, we get marks for SPaG in this paper!
Reply 12
Original post by Crimson_King
AQA is sly :frown:

No! not map skills! We learned it the Saturday before the physical exam.

AQA seem to be changing their style of questions this year, which makes me kinda anxious because you can't really predict what they're gonna ask us. On Physical, I noticed quite a few definitions so I'd recommend learning all of they key terms.
Anybody on here do development gap? I'm
Not sure exactly what case studies we need
Ahhhh so much to memorise in such a short period of time! I'm going to have to skip school tomorrow as my school didn't allow study leave :confused:, I tend to bs the statistics and figures for the case studies as I find it impossible to remember them!!
I am dreading this exam D:
Reply 16
Try and stay positive! Just one last push and it's all over with... We could ace this if keep focused and avoid panicking. If anybody needs help with anything feel free to ask me and I'll try and help you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by esmundo
How did everyone find the unit 1 exam?

Unit 1 went really nice for my set.... We had a major cramming session like an hour before :tongue: How did you find it? What questions did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Unit 1 went really nice for my set.... We had a major cramming session like an hour before :tongue: How did you find it? What questions did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was ok, we didn't have time for a lot of revision beforehand which was a bit of a bummer. I did tectonics, water on the land and the coastal zone. I tried to focus on case studies but the 8-markers were quite vague and you couldn't really always use a case study. I think I need to focus more on this second exam but at least I have my coursework to fall back on if anything terrible happens haha
AQA seem to be changing their style of questions this year, which makes me kinda anxious because you can't really predict what they're gonna ask us. On Physical, I noticed quite a few definitions so I'd recommend learning all of they key terms.

I see what you mean, "describe a truncated spur" had me puzzling for ages :confused: I guess the mark scheme will be quite open though.

Quick Reply

Latest