The Student Room Group

Physics ISAs

Poll

What mark do you think you have got?

What marks have you got(to be moderated) because I only got 38/50 so I'm looking to see if marks are low which they seem to be highest mark I know in my college is 42 and the other sciences seem to have higher marks I remember reading about someone on here who got 49 for Chemistry and 41 for Physics.I'm not sure if Exam Discussion is allowed yet so be careful with what you disclose about the exams.I still haven't had my 2nd ISA marked yet but the experiment went all wrong.For the first year teachers don't get to see the papers beforehand and the control of the exam is much greater with invigilators.This is for the AS ISAs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
I got 35/50 in the Second ISA the mark schemes are so vague and specific a lot of scientists wouldn't get the marks because they are that specific.
Reply 3
I got 35/50 in my first ISA and 39/50 in my second. The highest anyone got in my school was also 42/50, but the grade boundaries should go down this year
Reply 4
Original post by Gome44
I got 35/50 in my first ISA and 39/50 in my second. The highest anyone got in my school was also 42/50, but the grade boundaries should go down this year

Everything you said is pretty much identical to what I got and my school the highest was 42 and I got 38 and 35.The grade boundaries may stay the same but the marks may be moderated up it was mainly the mark schemes that led to such poor marks which were ridiculously vague expecting you to put specific things down that they didn't clearly ask for.
Reply 5
Original post by Dalek1099
Everything you said is pretty much identical to what I got and my school the highest was 42 and I got 38 and 35.The grade boundaries may stay the same but the marks may be moderated up it was mainly the mark schemes that led to such poor marks which were ridiculously vague expecting you to put specific things down that they didn't clearly ask for.

My teacher said the grade boundaries will probably decrease. This is because they way aqa used to do Isa papers was they gave them out 2 weeks before we were supposed to sit them, so some centres cheated. This year aqa gave out the papers only a day before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I got 30/50 (before moderation from AQA) :s-smilie: , we were only allowed to do one. Did most people here do two ISAs?
Reply 7
Original post by Gome44
My teacher said the grade boundaries will probably decrease. This is because they way aqa used to do Isa papers was they gave them out 2 weeks before we were supposed to sit them, so some centres cheated. This year aqa gave out the papers only a day before

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teachers told me that before they got to see the ISA papers beforehand so they could make sure they taught everything that was needed but this year they weren't allowed to see the papers.
We did two ISAs for physics, we did refraction and reisstance(I think?). In the first exam I was horrifically ill and hadn't slept so I got 30 something I think, then in the second one I got 47, which was the highest in my year followed by 45.
Think grade boundaries will be lower than usual due to tightening up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending