The Student Room Group

Teacher died today?

One of my a level teachers died today, and we are all devastated.
Apparently letter is being written to board, any idea of what will happen after?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wow, you obviously are really affected by this :rolleyes:
You seem to care more about how you will be affected than the death of your teacher. I bet you're a really nice person :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Well you might get some special consideration. Glad that's the first of your concerns.
Original post by alow
Wow, you obviously are really affected by this :rolleyes:

Original post by Arithmeticae
You seem to care more about how you will be affected than the death of your teacher. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes because it's so easy to gauge someone's reaction to a death from a 2 sentence post. :rolleyes:

What did you want? Something like this: "I'm so sad and devastated. :frown::frown::frown:"

Maybe the person in question is not seeking support from the forum, but rather wondering if anyone had comparable experiences and knew what standard procedure is.
Well our teacher left last term and we're being given extra UMS, so that could apply to you too
Reply 6
Original post by tengentoppa
Yes because it's so easy to gauge someone's reaction to a death from a 2 sentence post. :rolleyes:

What did you want? Something like this: "I'm so sad and devastated. :frown::frown::frown:"

Maybe the person in question is not seeking support from the forum, but rather wondering if anyone had comparable experiences and knew what standard procedure is.

Their teacher dies today and they straight away want to know if they'll get a couple more UMS? That's ****ed.
Original post by tengentoppa

She died today, and all the user can care about is what's going to happen to their grades. Pretty disgusting IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well it will certainly improve the PS to good effect.
She died today, and all the user can care about is what's going to happen to their grades. Pretty disgusting IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by alow
Their teacher dies today and they straight away want to know if they'll get a couple more UMS? That's ****ed.

The OP's first instinct was probably sadness at the death. The OP claims to be "devastated". But life goes on, and you have to consider the practical implications of the death as well.

Besides, it's not for us to dictate how someone should react to a death. That sounds like the society from Camus' L'Etranger.
Reply 10
Sad but you should have finished the course by now so why can't you just revise by yourself?
The school probably has more than one teacher anyway.
Straight up, I would wanna know if I get more UMS, who wouldn't? If I was the teacher I would want my pupils to benefit from my death. Also it is better OP asks on here rather than get shot down (figuratively) irl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what exams do to you. Still R.I.P Sir/Ms
People like you don't deserve extra UMS
Reply 15
Original post by alow

No, you idiot. OP made no mentioned about personal gain from this. She was merely asking what will happen to her because a letter was sent to the board. Why do people like you completely misinterpret what people are trying to say? Read OP's post properly before making judgement. Does she sound like she's begging for extra UMS?
Reply 16
Original post by Dylann
No, you idiot. OP made no mentioned about personal gain from this. She was merely asking what will happen to her because a letter was sent to the board. Why do people like you completely misinterpret what people are trying to say? Read OP's post properly before making judgement. Does she sound like she's begging for extra UMS?

Calm down dear :lol:
Original post by Dylann

White Knight.
Original post by LucyLuuu
One of my a level teachers died today, and we are all devastated.
Apparently letter is being written to board, any idea of what will happen after?

Sorry to hear about this, however a lot of people go through worst circumstances. You will probably all get a 1-5% increase in UMS! But I doubt it'll be in the higher range as some people loose their mothers or have serious illnesses etc and those (in my opinion) deserve more UMS because it is much more stress. I hope you learn to cope and hope you continue to strive and do well in your exams.
Original post by Galileo Galilei
White Knight.

Might be a White Knight but he has a point. OP just tying to gain some knowledge in a direct way and is getting slated for asking a valid question.:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest