GCSE Poetry English Literature AQA Revision Watch

Pandorax
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys, I thought everyone could join together and help each other for revision purposes? Is anyone doing conflict here?
meganmolly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pandorax)
Hey guys, I thought everyone could join together and help each other for revision purposes? Is anyone doing conflict here?
I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pandorax
Rep:
?
(Original post by meganmolly)
I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woo : DD XDD
How are you finding the poems? I'm going to start learning them tomorrow x_x
meganmolly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pandorax)
Woo : DD XDD
How are you finding the poems? I'm going to start learning them tomorrow x_x
They're okay:/ I prefer them to the books!

Have you looked at 'The Right Word'? It's quite confusing and I can't get the grasp of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ben4
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Have you looked at 'The Right Word'? It's quite confusing and I can't get the grasp of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are you going about looking at these conflict poems? Are you just putting a name to a theme or remembering key quotes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
meganmolly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ben4)
How are you going about looking at these conflict poems? Are you just putting a name to a theme or remembering key quotes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've used GCSE bitesize to add extra annotations to my anthology (which helps me remember some key quotes and info). I've paired all the poems up in preparation for the exam
Tomorrow I will do a couple of exam questions and see if I can do them:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ben4
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've used GCSE bitesize to add extra annotations to my anthology (which helps me remember some key quotes and info). I've paired all the poems up in preparation for the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good idea, i already have thorough notes on all poems just need to read over them and link poems together..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pandorax
Rep:
?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup! I have a few notes on it from class,
to sum it up:
My view on it:
1) War is closer than you think
2) If you keep on viewing war as something not part of your life, or view conflict as something you can hide and run away from, it will haunt you in the end
3) You need to accept war and take responsibility for your actions and help others. otherwise the world will never be united and conflict will continue.

It can also show how people interpret people of war in different ways showing how there is no good or bad people within war, they are all fighting believing they are morally correct. If there is no good or bad people within war, it brings a sense of futility and pointlessness to war, and how peace can never be achieved if we don't try to understand one another.

Additionally, the child may symbolise how if we keep creating conflict, it will destroy the future generations and the future of the planet leaving our children and theirs to crumble and suffer due to our own mistakes. We need to bring peace and unite the world so the future generation don't have to suffer. The child also shows how any soldier could be your own child, and you would never harm or hurt your own child. Every soldier has a mother or father and is a child. You should help these soldiers and bring peace instead of killing a child who has a family like your own.

That is the basic emotions and themes of the poem I think Dx I'm not very good at describing stuff, so if your confused by some of my points, just say T-T Hope it helps!
Pandorax
Rep:
?
By the way, is anyone else not learning quotes? I think it's kinda pointless because there will be too many..XD I don't know? Tomorrow i'm going to revising their history, use of language and also just coming up with ideas for some of the poems and what they show.
Pandorax
Rep:
?

Posted from TSR Mobile

May I know which poems you paired which poems with and under what topic? Dx I'm really bad at linking poems together x_x
emmawillett
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
does anyone know where to find a document with all of the relationships poems together?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (72)
7.75%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.8%