This discussion is closed.
Sonata
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Need a haircut i am thinking shall i just go and cut my hair as it was before or risk it and go to this hairdressing academy where students do you a haircut and do something wierd and maybe put some highlights in. Has anybody done something like this and where is the best place to go in London
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sonata)
Need a haircut i am thinking shall i just go and cut my hair as it was before or risk it and go to this hairdressing academy where students do you a haircut and do something wierd and maybe put some highlights in. Has anybody done something like this and where is the best place to go in London
I usually go to Francesco's finishing school, the hairdressers are still training there but they still do what you want. They are monitored by the big wigs (hehe) so don't have the opportunity to mess up. If you're lucky you might get one of the senior stylists doing your haircut as a demonstration to the trainees. It's way cheaper to go to an academy and the trainees wouldn't be let loose on your hair if they couldn't do a decent job.
Sonata
(Original post by Amb1)
I usually go to Francesco's finishing school, the hairdressers are still training there but they still do what you want. They are monitored by the big wigs (hehe) so don't have the opportunity to mess up. If you're lucky you might get one of the senior stylists doing your haircut as a demonstration to the trainees. It's way cheaper to go to an academy and the trainees wouldn't be let loose on your hair if they couldn't do a decent job.
Can you give me adress please?
deary_ma_leary
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sonata)
my mate went to toni & guy academy and said they could do what they wanted, sye it or whatever as long as they didnt use red. guess what colour they died it? yup! red! how we laughed!
Sonata
(Original post by deary_ma_leary)
my mate went to toni & guy academy and said they could do what they wanted, sye it or whatever as long as they didnt use red. guess what colour they died it? yup! red! how we laughed!
I don't mind red. But i really don't want to have something hideous on my head.
Rashmi
Report 15 years ago
why didnt she like red? i think getting hair cut by students is a bit dodgy. personally i wouldnt do it.
fifi53
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i frequently get my hair blow-dried by students if i want it to look good for an occasion without getting it re-cut/coloured. everyone assumes i have actually had my hair restyled... and a blow-dry is normally freee and even a student can make a fantastic job of it. can take a while though, thats the downside - but last time, the top-bloke was supervising and he finished it off so i could go sooner (bargain, wouldve cost about £60 to have him do it otherwise!) i have had my hair cut by advanced students (when it was long and straight) but i wouldnt now as my hair is short and complicated. but a tenner for a haircut and treatment certainly isnt bad if you just need something simple, i had no complaints is pretty safe as long as you go somewhere good where theyre supervised 90% of the time theyre cutting. wouldnt get my hair dyed by a student as theres too much to mess up - like if they end up dissolving your hair (you cant just get that cut out!).
*** i got bargain highlighting from a stylist who had to get her speed up to go down to work in a london salon... she normally charged 3 times what i paid, cos it was kind of training. was reassuring that i knew she knew what she was doing and had been working for over a year, just a bit of advanced training. was a very nice set of highlights ***
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)