AS Edexcel 22 May C1: Crimea, Boer and WW1 Watch

cuppa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Anyone else doing this unit? How is revision going for everyone? I haven't seen many people around doing this unit, but hopefully there's someone to share the pain with :rolleyes:
Amiethomas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you know how long we are supposed to spend on each section ????
cuppa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amiethomas)
Do you know how long we are supposed to spend on each section ????
Do you mean how long do we spend on each question? If so, then part A would be 30minutes and B would be 50minutes.
ransominiho
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am doing this exam. So stressed, even though it's apparently easier than the unit 1 exam.
cuppa
Rep:
?
(Original post by ransominiho)
I am doing this exam. So stressed, even though it's apparently easier than the unit 1 exam.
In my opinion it's going to be much more difficult, just because I literally cannot do the part B question. This topic kills me and I don't seem to be able to learn enough detailed knowledge to actually write an essay out of it
Sarahbear12310
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone have a structure for part A? Also, what is anyone revising?
cuppa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sarahbear12310)
Does anyone have a structure for part A? Also, what is anyone revising?
Key to section A is cross-referencing, so make sure that you do not try to describe each source one by one. Tackle issues, not sources. That's pretty much all there is to say about section A. So maybe do a paragraph for each issue? Don't forget a little conclusion.

And I am generally gonna try to revise WW1 today. Like, I'm gonna try women's effort in WW1, morale and discipline in the army, home economy maybe. Because WW1 is almost always a B part question. And then general notes on both Boer and Crimean wars.
ransominiho
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cuppa)
In my opinion it's going to be much more difficult, just because I literally cannot do the part B question. This topic kills me and I don't seem to be able to learn enough detailed knowledge to actually write an essay out of it
I reckon it's gonna' be the home front or something in relation to the Boer war.
cuppa
Rep:
?
(Original post by ransominiho)
I reckon it's gonna' be the home front or something in relation to the Boer war.
DORA doesn't seem to have come up yet, so maybe that will. I have no idea how to tackle this revision LOL
Sarahbear12310
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cuppa)
Key to section A is cross-referencing, so make sure that you do not try to describe each source one by one. Tackle issues, not sources. That's pretty much all there is to say about section A. So maybe do a paragraph for each issue? Don't forget a little conclusion.

And I am generally gonna try to revise WW1 today. Like, I'm gonna try women's effort in WW1, morale and discipline in the army, home economy maybe. Because WW1 is almost always a B part question. And then general notes on both Boer and Crimean wars.
Thank you. It's so much to remember! I'm hoping the Boer War comes up to be honest.
permanenthelp!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I'm hoping Boer comes up, but I have a feeling Women and WW1 will :/
Katiea1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing this and really struggle with it, I really don't want the boer war, if it does prefaby on part A so we don't need any own knowledge!
cuppa
Rep:
?
But if Boer war did come up, what do you think it'd be? There isn't much to talk about, is there? There was a Boer question on support for the Empire in Jan 2013
Katiea1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cuppa)
But if Boer war did come up, what do you think it'd be? There isn't much to talk about, is there? There was a Boer question on support for the Empire in Jan 2013
Maybe propaganda, British imperialism, tariff reforms
elbury1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm re-sitting this and got a mid-B last year on it. I actually did very well on part B and did not include too much detailed knowledge (I answered the question on the Crimean reporters) it was just part A which I got 13/20 on :-(. Only really had time to properly revise today and tomorrow morning but I am focusing it all on the Boer war and WW1 homefront. So if anything else comes up I don't think I'll be improving on that B, eek.
cuppa
Rep:
?
(Original post by elbury1)
I'm re-sitting this and got a mid-B last year on it. I actually did very well on part B and did not include too much detailed knowledge (I answered the question on the Crimean reporters) it was just part A which I got 13/20 on :-(. Only really had time to properly revise today and tomorrow morning but I am focusing it all on the Boer war and WW1 homefront. So if anything else comes up I don't think I'll be improving on that B, eek.
Maybe this time you'll get 19/20 :cool: I'm sure if you revise those things, a question should come up on it. It was Crimean reporting and the Somme last year June, so :dontknow:

I'm honestly aiming for like 17+ and 26+ for an all right B.
Katiea1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Really don't like the boer war, my problem will be cross referencing I think
Katiea1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I want a C maybe a B, didn't do too well on unit 1 though :/
cuppa
Rep:
?
Ok so apparently yesterday I was stupid enough not to do much revision AT ALL so I will cram until the exam now LOL
Katiea1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cuppa)
Ok so apparently yesterday I was stupid enough not to do much revision AT ALL so I will cram until the exam now LOL
Same!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (13)
38.24%
I really love the subject (11)
32.35%