Wot Uni u goin 2 n which course u doin there? Watch

This discussion is closed.
SexySunderland
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I'm going to SUNDERLAND to do PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHING

before that i planned to do Marketing at Northumbria but i changed my mind at the last minute!

xoxo
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good for you! There can never be too many teachers,what with the shortage and all that.

I'm planning to go to Imperial College in London and study medicine for six years. I need amazing grades at A-level though.
SexySunderland
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Wow - 6 yrs!!! Rather u than me! haha! Mine's 4 yrs. I need 2 C's and then whatever else i get in the 3rd subject.

xoxo
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I want to do maths + psychology at newcastle on a 4 year course, i'll apply next year but i think i'll either need ABB or BBB.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Mr White
Good for you! There can never be too many teachers,what with the shortage and all that.

are you trying to be sarcastic????

37 teachers in my county alone are being made redundant at the end of term.

its not nice to joke about peoples lives going down the drain.

love Katy ***
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by ickle_katy
are you trying to be sarcastic????

37 teachers in my county alone are being made redundant at the end of term.

its not nice to joke about peoples lives going down the drain.

love Katy ***
I'm hopefully going to study Maths at Trinity College, Cambridge
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
I'm hopefully going to study Maths at Trinity College, Cambridge
Woo, Good Luck. I'm told by trusted sources that it's the hardest College to get into, especially for Maths

Not to discourage you or anything

I'm guessing you attend a private school though and are *ahem* financially sound.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh and I hope to go to either IC or Warwick to study an MEng in Computer Science with a year abroad.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Petrozzi
Woo, Good Luck. I'm told by trusted sources that it's the hardest College to get into, especially for Maths

Not to discourage you or anything

I'm guessing you attend a private school though and are *ahem* financially sound.
No I attend a state school (low-achieving) and am relatively poor.

I think I got in based mainly on luck. I was talking to some of the candidates before, and they all seemed excellent. I'm not complaining though. The interview did go well BTW.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well congratulations are in order then it seems

\o/

Also, in your application proceedure did you hear anything about this CUSU? Where basically they recognise you as a candidate that has been to a low-achieving school and so on...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Well congratulations are in order then it seems

\o/

Also, in your application proceedure did you hear anything about this CUSU? Where basically they recognise you as a candidate that has been to a low-achieving school and so on...
Congratulations are in order with any successful candidate. People say ther are elitist, and then point out the fact that they take in candidates from poor schools. I like to think I got in on merit, and not because of the school I go to. There are a lot of bitter people who cannot accept rejection (sorry for my ranting, and I'm not pointing it at you).
LittleMissSmile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol katys soo paranoid. made me giggle. (littlemissgiggle was too long for a user name)
mr white was being sincere i think.
x
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Obviously you're not pointing it at me, since I've not even applied yet

And congratulations are especially in order for you as speaking to a friend I have at St.John's currently in his 4th year studying the CASM, he tells me there's very little chance people with a comprehensive education, low income bracket get into Trinity.. No matter what their academic merit.

This is why I asked about the CUSU and if you had any experience with it, if so I'd be extremely grateful if you could share some of your knowledge on the subject.

Good Luck for your STEP exams. (if you haven't already sat them)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Obviously you're not pointing it at me, since I've not even applied yet

And congratulations are especially in order for you as speaking to a friend I have at St.John's currently in his 4th year studying the CASM, he tells me there's very little chance people with a comprehensive education, low income bracket get into Trinity.. No matter what their academic merit.

This is why I asked about the CUSU and if you had any experience with it, if so I'd be extremely grateful if you could share some of your knowledge on the subject.

Good Luck for your STEP exams. (if you haven't already sat them)
Sorry. but I haven't heard of CUSU (unless you're talking about the Student's union.

What are you looking to study, and where are you going to apply?
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
CUSU or I think it's something like that, basically is a scheme that takes into consideration that an applying candidate is coming from a family with a low-income bracket and or a low-acheiving school.

Personally I don't really wanna be seen as a person who needs aid etc, I can do just as well if not better the Higher tier candidates from Public Schools.

I'm looking to study Computer Science at either IC or Warwick, I have a while yet but I've been told by a friend to apply to Cambridge for the experience, I think I'll take his advice. It can't hurt, surely?

Regards,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
CUSU or I think it's something like that, basically is a scheme that takes into consideration that an applying candidate is coming from a family with a low-income bracket and or a low-acheiving school.

Personally I don't really wanna be seen as a person who needs aid etc, I can do just as well if not better the Higher tier candidates from Public Schools.

I'm looking to study Computer Science at either IC or Warwick, I have a while yet but I've been told by a friend to apply to Cambridge for the experience, I think I'll take his advice. It can't hurt, surely?

Regards,
Give it a shot!
I hadn't chosen Trinity it would've been Emmanuel or Corpus Christi.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah I think I'll visit with a few likeminded friends and get a feel for the place, even though I'm pretty able academically my laziness is something that won't bode too well at Cambridge I feel

We'll see how it goes.

I'm even considering some sort of Gap Year excursion at the moment to get away from England for a while.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well i've had half a dozen offers already, and i've only just started A2. A few places have given me unconditional offers, scholarship offers etc.
Even Trinity college, cambridge, has made me an offer already. its stupid, i haven't sent anything off to any of these places

I'll probably end up studying maths, business or psychology, or a combo, but i haven't decided where yet.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Medicine at Aberdeen here. Anyone taking that course there?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hey, does ny1 knw any1 that is contemplating studying law. I am just starting my A2 courses. Have looked at several uni's, but am not sure what ones to go to, nottingham is apparently very good i have been told.
Just wondering if any1 no's ny1 studying law, for some info.

Thanx
Good luck with ur results every1
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed