Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my Geography exam tomorrow, but have been told you don't have to do all the questions because you have a choice between different topics.
    If I knew which topics are the options that you have a choice between then I would benefit greatly as I could cut down my revision and only revise specific topics instead of the whole course.
    All help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by mpwoody789)
    I have my Geography exam tomorrow, but have been told you don't have to do all the questions because you have a choice between different topics.
    If I knew which topics are the options that you have a choice between then I would benefit greatly as I could cut down my revision and only revise specific topics instead of the whole course.
    All help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are 6 questions in the exam, split into three sections - one section for each of the big topics you've covered. Within each section, there are two questions and you can choose which to answer. Generally, they're on two different aspects of the topic (e.g. one question on rivers, one question on coasts), but this isn't necessarily the case. There can be overlap between them. So there is no way of knowing which topics you're going to be able to choose between before the exam and even if that were the case, it would still be silly not to revise the entire course. What if you realise that the question on the topic you've not revised would actually have been really easy, or that you can't remember the case study for the question you have revised? The fact that there's a choice in this exam is really great and can be very helpful, but don't try to exploit it. It won't work.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it a new spec for this year meaning that we no longer get a choice between topics?

ReputationRep:
    There is no longer a choice between two questions in each section its just three sections 3 question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yep theres no longer a choice all sections must be revised

ReputationRep:
    Is the exam tomorrow out of 99 marks or 75 marks? I know they have changed it so you have to answer every question but do you know why it's now out of 99?

ReputationRep:
    Rivers and Coasts topics are now joined together as one so there are 3 questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauravictoria20)
    Rivers and Coasts topics are now joined together as one so there are 3 questions
    Ok, so is it now 30 marks for each question and 9 for SPAG? So they added 5 marks for each section.

Or 50 marks for Rivers and Coasts, 25 marks for population and settlement, 25 marks for economic development?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timothy124)
    Ok, so is it now 30 marks for each question and 9 for SPAG? So they added 5 marks for each section.

Or 50 marks for Rivers and Coasts, 25 marks for population and settlement, 25 marks for economic development?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fairly sure it's 30-30-30-9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PepperPotts)
    Fairly sure it's 30-30-30-9
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone want to revise the river, population and development themes with me?

ReputationRep:
    how did everyones exam go today....i found it dreadful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NooNoo1)
    how did everyones exam go today....i found it dreadful
    I thought the OCR GCSE was quite easy, however the case studies were very hard
    I did
    Case study 1 - River Rother
    Case study 2 - Junction 32 (but i think it was supposed to be Kiberia)
    Case Study 3 - Coca Cola (Bangladesh/India i cant remember which)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carterj09)
    I thought the OCR GCSE was quite easy, however the case studies were very hard
    For the urban change in development one my mind went completely blank and I wrote about my own town...
    Don't even ask :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlin_3008)
    For the urban change in development one my mind went completely blank and I wrote about my own town...
    Don't even ask :laugh:
    I glanced at it at the start, I was like NO!!, then olympics came to me lol, Stratford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryder161)
    I glanced at it at the start, I was like NO!!, then olympics came to me lol, Stratford
    Our case study was about the regeneration of the London Docklands...

For Rivers, i talked about Bangladesh flood and River Ghanges,

For MNC, i did Nike in Vietnam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leart Osmani)
    Our case study was about the regeneration of the London Docklands...
    That was meant to be mine, too :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    For river flooding I did bangladesh but I forgot the name of the river.
    for urban development I did London docks.
    and for an mnc I did nike in Indonesia but I kinda wrote about y locate in an LEDC instead of mncs

ReputationRep:
    for river flooding i did bangladesh, for urban change i did swindon, for an mnc i chose nike in vietnam

ReputationRep:
    Really nice exam, I image a lot of people will have written about the effects of the country where the people were moving and not the country or origin in the settlement section

Flooding - Carlisle
    Urban Development - Newcastle Quayside
    MNC - Nike, Vietnam

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 22, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.