OCR English Literature Exam - 22nd May 2014 (A664)

Watch
mathsnerd27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello! I'm new here so I don't completely know how to use this, but I was wondering if anyone knew what questions were likely to come up in the English Lit exam for OCR (on the 22nd May 2014)

I do Lord of the Flies and Duffy for the poetry part!

Thank you!
xsapphireeex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
we had our exam on tuesday and I did of mice and men and the woman in black sorry.
have you done the poems literature exam yet jw?
mathsnerd27
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by xsapphireeex)
we had our exam on tuesday and I did of mice and men and the woman in black sorry.
have you done the poems literature exam yet jw?
Ohh yeah we had two of our exams on tuesday too, I did An Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men, the unseen poetry one and lord of the flies one is tomorrow!
duncan_fryer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do not teach the Lord of the Flies, we do Animal Farm, iwth regard to the Duffy, there is no way of knowing. That said, as I am sure you are aware you are given a choice of 5 different poems to write about, there are 15 in the anthology, therefore if you revise 11 you are guaranteed one will show up. As a betting man I would speculate that should you revise 7-8 poems you would be very unlucky if at least 2-3 were not to turn up. Remember LANGUAGE, STRUCTURE and FORM are the key. I prepared for my classes podcasts on all of the poems - 5 minute talks focussed entirely on what you could say about on each poem about these areas. Top tip - Twist the question to fit what you know. For example - How does Duffy explore grief in the poem Mrs Lazarus? . . . 'Duffy explores the emotion of grief through her use of structure. The poem does not have a rhyme scheme, this reflects the . . . '
I could email you some of the podcasts if you think they might help. They do tell you all you need to know.
Let me know.
Good luck tomorrow!
Mr Fryer
Head of English
Kent
katinthehat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by duncan_fryer)
I do not teach the Lord of the Flies, we do Animal Farm, iwth regard to the Duffy, there is no way of knowing. That said, as I am sure you are aware you are given a choice of 5 different poems to write about, there are 15 in the anthology, therefore if you revise 11 you are guaranteed one will show up. As a betting man I would speculate that should you revise 7-8 poems you would be very unlucky if at least 2-3 were not to turn up. Remember LANGUAGE, STRUCTURE and FORM are the key. I prepared for my classes podcasts on all of the poems - 5 minute talks focussed entirely on what you could say about on each poem about these areas. Top tip - Twist the question to fit what you know. For example - How does Duffy explore grief in the poem Mrs Lazarus? . . . 'Duffy explores the emotion of grief through her use of structure. The poem does not have a rhyme scheme, this reflects the . . . '
I could email you some of the podcasts if you think they might help. They do tell you all you need to know.
Let me know.
Good luck tomorrow!
Mr Fryer
Head of English
Kent
Dear Mr Fryer,

I'm doing Animal Farm tomorrow, do you have any predictions/last minute tips? Also, I'm doing Benjamin Zephaniah, do you have any tips on him either?

I'm angling for the A/A*, and I feel (hope) I know the content pretty well, but any tips for making my essays unique?

Thanks in advance,
Kathryn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (24)
16.78%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (48)
33.57%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.79%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
9.79%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.9%
I think it's an unfair expectation (33)
23.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.1%

Watched Threads