The Student Room Group

Going soft during sex :/

Well I have been dating a girl for 4 weeks now and yesterday was the time when we first had sex. The foreplay and everything was alright but then after a couple of minutes I went soft. This has never happened to me before. I can tell that she was frustrated. I tried many other ways to stimulate myself but it wasn't working. Whenever I did get a erection it was not a full erection. I think it could be due to me eating a low fat diet or just that I am not emotionally there yet with this girl, even though I am really attracted to her. I am going to her house tomorrow so does anyone have any advice? Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Anyone please?
Eat real honey every morning
Original post by Anonymous
Well I have been dating a girl for 4 weeks now and yesterday was the time when we first had sex. The foreplay and everything was alright but then after a couple of minutes I went soft. This has never happened to me before. I can tell that she was frustrated. I tried many other ways to stimulate myself but it wasn't working. Whenever I did get a erection it was not a full erection. I think it could be due to me eating a low fat diet or just that I am not emotionally there yet with this girl, even though I am really attracted to her. I am going to her house tomorrow so does anyone have any advice? Thank you in advance :smile:

I think you've said it yourself, if you're not there emotionally yet with the girl then that won't help things! Also the stress and nerves of it happening will put a downer on things as well!

If it happens again, you just need to be patient and try again a little later, if she's worth keeping then she'll be patient and understanding. Worrying about it is possibly the worst thing you can do, I know it's easy for me to say, but if you can try and talk to her, if you're a good couple then she should understand and do her best to accommodate you.

At the end of the day, she might be frustrated because to her it seems like you don't find her attractive, so if it seems she thinks that then you should probably tell her otherwise....
Reply 4
Original post by Toughtee
I think you've said it yourself, if you're not there emotionally yet with the girl then that won't help things! Also the stress and nerves of it happening will put a downer on things as well!

If it happens again, you just need to be patient and try again a little later, if she's worth keeping then she'll be patient and understanding. Worrying about it is possibly the worst thing you can do, I know it's easy for me to say, but if you can try and talk to her, if you're a good couple then she should understand and do her best to accommodate you.

At the end of the day, she might be frustrated because to her it seems like you don't find her attractive, so if it seems she thinks that then you should probably tell her otherwise....

Yeah I felt like I was too nervous because I really wanted to impress her and I just kept sweating.
I have tried explaining to her that it is not her fault and it is because of me, but the problem is that it has made me feel really low. I feel less of a man now in front of her and if this relationship does work in the future then it will become a permanent scar for us.
Is there any way I should stop worrying? Also do you think it might be due to masturbating?
It's just nerves and it will sort itself out when you become more comfortable. Just relax and try not to have you finishing as a goal in your mind. Don't get flustered, reassure her that you are attracted to her.
Yeah I felt like I was too nervous because I really wanted to impress her and I just kept sweating.
I have tried explaining to her that it is not her fault and it is because of me, but the problem is that it has made me feel really low. I feel less of a man now in front of her and if this relationship does work in the future then it will become a permanent scar for us.
Is there any way I should stop worrying? Also do you think it might be due to masturbating?

Yeah that nervousness is probably your problem! The thing is, if she likes you enough, and she's worth being with, then this shouldn't be that much of a big deal! If you're a strong enough couple then this won't be a scar at all, this will just be something you either forget about when things start going right, or laugh about in the future.

The masturbation thing depends on how much you do it and how close it is to the actual sex, but in this case I'd advise you don't at all until your nerves calm down, you've done it a few times and you're used to it.
Reply 7

hahaha this post reminded me of eddie's gun
anyway you're just nervous, it's fine.. and if you're not emotionally there yet then that could be why
Could be:

- a mental issue. Not mental illness, but do you get nervous?
- not enough stimulation
- a physical problem
I always think when this happens to guys isn't it just that you lose it (for whatever reason) and then the pressure of trying to get it back up makes it worse and impossible because you are too stressed and focused on that rather than enjoying the moment. There could be many other reasons of course but I've seen that happen before, try and relax and not worry about it - easier said than done I know!
Original post by carlisomes
Could be:

- a mental issue. Not mental illness, but do you get nervous?
- not enough stimulation
- a physical problem

No I am a confident person, this is the first time it has happened. I think I should see the doctor if it happens again.
Original post by Georgie_M
I always think when this happens to guys isn't it just that you lose it (for whatever reason) and then the pressure of trying to get it back up makes it worse and impossible because you are too stressed and focused on that rather than enjoying the moment. There could be many other reasons of course but I've seen that happen before, try and relax and not worry about it - easier said than done I know!

Yes 100% right, when I did lose it and the look she gave me made me feel pressurised.
Reply 12
You were probably just nervous (or performance anxiety) as it's your first time with her. After the first few times you'll be comfortable enough with her to get it rock hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending