Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you are sitting this exam then feel free to ask me questions or help each other out and if you've done this exam also feel free to join in.

ReputationRep:
    Statististics and Number for aqa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeuronautics)
    Statististics and Number for aqa?
    Yes, which examboard are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathalieGW)
    Yes, which examboard are you on?
    Ocr, my school examboard is ocr

ReputationRep:
    Ocr, my school examboard is ocr
    So all of your exams are ocr?. How are you with cummulative frequency?

ReputationRep:
    So all of your exams are ocr?. How are you with cummulative frequency?
    Yes, all of them apart from computer science; that's with aqa.

I find them very easy, do you need help with them?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, all of them apart from computer science; that's with aqa.

I find them very easy, do you need help with them?
    I'm struggling with stratified samples and unconditional probabilities, those long tree diagrams are a nightmare

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling with stratified samples and unconditional probabilities, those long tree diagrams are a nightmare
    If you're on aqa, you can buy the teachers pack for 55 pounds, that will cover everything.

Stratisfied sampling is a basic A* topic, a stratisfied sample first divides the population into groups. Then it takes a simple random sample from each group, the number chosen from each group is the same fraction of the group as the sample size is of the population.

It's really simple, honestly. How are with drawing and interpreting histograms?. Do you know the equation for frequency density?. How about direct and inverse proportion?

ReputationRep:
    If you're on aqa, you can buy the teachers pack for 55 pounds, that will cover everything.

Stratisfied sampling is a basic A* topic, a stratisfied sample first divides the population into groups. Then it takes a simple random sample from each group, the number chosen from each group is the same fraction of the group as the sample size is of the population.

It's really simple, honestly. How are with drawing and interpreting histograms?. Do you know the equation for frequency density?. How about direct and inverse proportion?
    Frequency density = frequency ÷ class width right? So Frequency = frequency density times class width?. On a histogram, the vertical axis shows the frequency density and always starts from zero.

For appropriate averaged

The median formula is both middle values divided by two if the number of given values is an even number right?

I'm confident with proportionality,

Y=kx, k is the constant of proportionality. So y will always be k times x; e.g if k was 5 and y was 200 then x would have to be 40. If Y was 72 then x would have to be 14.4 as 72 divided by 5 is 14.4.

The ratio between K and X is always the same. In inverse proportionality one value increases at the same rate as the other one.
    Thanks for that information, i will invest in the teachers pack for next year.

ReputationRep:
    Frequency density = frequency ÷ class width right? So Frequency = frequency density times class width?. On a histogram, the vertical axis shows the frequency density and always starts from zero.

For appropriate averaged

The median formula is both middle values divided by two if the number of given values is an even number right?

I'm confident with proportionality,

Y=kx, k is the constant of proportionality. So y will always be k times x; e.g if k was 5 and y was 200 then x would have to be 40. If Y was 72 then x would have to be 14.4 as 72 divided by 5 is 14.4.

The ratio between K and X is always the same. In inverse proportionality one value increases at the same rate as the other one.
    Thanks for that information, i will invest in the teachers pack for next year.
    All your formulas are correct and i imagine you can easily rearrange the equations in given circumstance?. how are you with percentage error?.

The teachers pack is far better quality than any textbook and should enhance your ability come examination. I find textbooks and the specificatoon quite inadequate and this a problem in which educational representives need to address.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.