AS Sociology Unit 2 Education 21st May 2014

Watch this thread
jordan_s
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
How did you guys find it?
Personally thought it was a lot easier than the family one, obviously AQA have realised vague questions don't go down well with students...
yeehe
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Very pleased with that!

Easier than last year's and a LOT easier than Families. Without giving away too much, the essays were some of the most generous I've ever seen. Hoping full UMS is around 80 marks!
asdfghjkl12
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
What a beautiful paper!! 😂 btw what did you write for ethnic differences?
LucidMinds
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by asdfghjkl12)
What a beautiful paper!! ������ btw what did you write for ethnic differences?
I wrote Internal/External factors.

Internal - Racial Labelling (Leading to the self-fulfilling prophecy & subcultures)

- Ethnic (racial) discrimination in the streaming of pupils into sets.

External - Material Deprivation (Ethnic minorities are in the 15% poorest part of society. Therefore likely to suffer from material deprivation.

- Language abilities are likely to affect their educational attainment as they're unable to speak the native language of the country.
Hbu?
asdfghjkl12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JRHewett)
I wrote Internal/External factors.

Internal - Racial Labelling (Leading to the self-fulfilling prophecy & subcultures)

- Ethnic (racial) discrimination in the streaming of pupils into sets.

External - Material Deprivation (Ethnic minorities are in the 15% poorest part of society. Therefore likely to suffer from material deprivation.

- Language abilities are likely to affect their educational attainment as they're unable to speak the native language of the country.
Hbu?
From what I remember, Moynihan, Charles Murray, Mirza, Swaan Report, Fuller, Gillborn and Youdell

Language abilities, due to their native language at home, steretoype/labelling, self negating and self fulfilling. Oh no I forgot material deprivation :'(
LucidMinds
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
From what I remember, Moynihan, Charles Murray, Mirza, Swaan Report, Fuller, Gillborn and Youdell

Language abilities, due to their native language at home, steretoype/labelling, self negating and self fulfilling. Oh no I forgot material deprivation :'(
Haha I wouldn't worry! You seem to have it sorted on research:rolleyes: I put the Swaan report into it although I feel my research may have been lacking.
asdfghjkl12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I have a feeling the grade boundaries will be low for this😟 and research for the ethical side was ok. Answer was short only discussed informed consent, confidentiality etc. This was definitely better than families! 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
jordan_s
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
What a beautiful paper!! ������ btw what did you write for ethnic differences?
I wrote about internal/ external factors. Internal being labelling (mentionned Gillborn and Youdell) also ethnocentricity in schools. External said cultural and material deprivation! Hopefully all OK.
asdfghjkl12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
That's all good! Did you criticise, I'm not sure if you are meant to 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
asdfghjkl12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I put criticism in the 12 mark. Hopefully the examiners won't penalize 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
starshine909
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
only mentioned ethical issues in the last Q...-_-
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (20)
16.95%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
26.27%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (63)
53.39%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
3.39%

Watched Threads