Edexcel English Literature GCSE tomorrow-What poems are coming up?

Watch
MisterCMC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Does anybody have any idea on what anthology poems are coming up tomorrow? Preferably the Taking a Stand Collection (because that is the one that I'm doing), but if anybody has nay idea for any of them, that would be great.
jjess1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ideas for next National Lottery draw predictions would be great as well.
Just_Need_To
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jjess1234)
Ideas for next National Lottery draw predictions would be great as well.
Lol haha. Personally if anyone knows how to answer these poems. That would be great as I need some help. Like do you follow a Mnemonic or something? For example - In English Language I use 'PEARL'.

P- Point
E- Evidence
A- Analysis
R- Reader
L- Link back to the question.
WillisCrisp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I use SMILE because it contains a lot of the elements of poetry, but allows you to deviate e.g. meaning and effect can be combined. I also just read last year's examiner report; they criticised a 'cookie-cutter' approach to structuring the essay as some never actually reached the discussion of language, so SMILE is basically for finding the features in the poem and not for structuring your essay.

S - Structure
M - Meaning
I - Imagery
L - Language
E - Effect
Just_Need_To
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by WillisCrisp)
I use SMILE because it contains a lot of the elements of poetry, but allows you to deviate e.g. meaning and effect can be combined. I also just read last year's examiner report; they criticised a 'cookie-cutter' approach to structuring the essay as some never actually reached the discussion of language, so SMILE is basically for finding the features in the poem and not for structuring your essay.

S - Structure
M - Meaning
I - Imagery
L - Language
E - Effect
I use STRIVE in Poetry and PEARL in Language.

S- Structure
T- Theme
R- Rhythm
I- Imagery
V- Vocabulary
E- Effect
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (73)
30.17%
No (169)
69.83%

Watched Threads