The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Unconditional Offer Scheme

I received an unconditional offer from Birmingham to study politics, just wondering if anyone else is taking an unconditional from Birmingham, and if so, what to study?
Ancient History
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by rhiannon277
Ancient History

Hi, I have an unconditional for ancient history as well! I can't wait for October, how about you?
Same here, unconditional for modern languages :smile:
English Literature with Classical Literature and Civilisation :smile:
Unconditional for LLB law :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
History :smile:
Unconditional for MSci Biological Science :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Colleeeennnn
Unconditional for MSci Biological Science :smile:

Unconditional for History and Political Science
Unconditional for History :smile:
Original post by ElizabethRose95
History :smile:

Me too!
Are any of you international students?

Thank you
Original post by naofassiri
Are any of you international students?

Thank you

yes got an unconditional offer. I'm an international student.
Reply 13
How did u land an unconditional offer? What were ur gcse and alevels grades
Reply 14
does uob give unconditional offers for all courses(i have applied for biomedical sciences)? and to international students too?
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that we don't offer unconditional offers in the same way that we used to. I just wanted to make you aware as this thread is quite old now and things have changed quite a bit in the last few years.

'Conditional Unconditional' offers are no longer issued and instead we use the following:

Unconditional offer: Where you have already achieved your qualifications and therefore we can make you an offer immediately based on those grades.
Attainment offer: a reduced offer of CCC will be made to students with a strong academic track record. This is also dependant on placing Birmingham as your firm choice.

It is worth remembering that every offer we issue is individual to each person, it is based on a whole range of factors including contextual school information, predicted grades, prior performance and EPQ, to name just a few. If you'd like to find out more please see this page on how we make offers.

Finally, for 2021 entry we are introducing additional flexibility by reducing the entry requirements on the majority of our courses by one grade.

I hope this is helpful, but if anyone has any questions just let me know! - Molly :smile:
Original post by UoB - Arts and Law
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that we don't offer unconditional offers in the same way that we used to. I just wanted to make you aware as this thread is quite old now and things have changed quite a bit in the last few years.

'Conditional Unconditional' offers are no longer issued and instead we use the following:

Unconditional offer: Where you have already achieved your qualifications and therefore we can make you an offer immediately based on those grades.
Attainment offer: a reduced offer of CCC will be made to students with a strong academic track record. This is also dependant on placing Birmingham as your firm choice.

It is worth remembering that every offer we issue is individual to each person, it is based on a whole range of factors including contextual school information, predicted grades, prior performance and EPQ, to name just a few. If you'd like to find out more please see this page on how we make offers.

Finally, for 2021 entry we are introducing additional flexibility by reducing the entry requirements on the majority of our courses by one grade.

I hope this is helpful, but if anyone has any questions just let me know! - Molly :smile:

is this the same for 2022 entry aswell?

Quick Reply