Voters think media are far more biased against UKIP than other main parties

Watch this thread
thesabbath
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/05/20/voters-think-media-more-biased-against-UKIP/
Time Tourist
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
You're joking!
Green Marble
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
That's because they are biased against UKIP. I have never in my life seen a witch hunt on this scale in the uk. It shows how the british media is not independant and it's bias is almost as bad as in the United States
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
well they have hardly been subtle about it
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I mean. That would be because they are biased against UKIP. It's beyond parody
llamaspoon
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
The Daily Mail is running some sort of hate campaign towards UKIP.
datpiff
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
UKIP aren't exactly helping themselves out though are they?
Olie
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yep, its hardly news, there's been something ****ging off UKIP pretty much every day in the media in the past several weeks. Though I wouldn't say its entirely unreasonable bias, considering the behaviour of some of their members and some of their ridiculous policies.
Le Nombre
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
UKIP doesn't have a house paper, so gets both barrels from all sides, whereas if Labour gets a pasting from the Torygraph it will be met by a riposte, not support, from the Grauniad.

This will remain so until there seems a realistic prospect of UKIP winning at the general election, everyone likes power and access to it and currently UKIP do not offer newspaper owners and editors that tantalising prospect, though I'm sure if they ever do look like taking a Commons majority the Express, Mail, Murdoch and potentially Tleegraph will be more than happy to pay Farage homage.
datpiff
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Olie)
Yep, its hardly news, there's been something ****ging off UKIP pretty much every day in the media in the past several weeks. Though I wouldn't say its entirely unreasonable bias, considering the behaviour of some of their members and some of their ridiculous policies.
Agreed. Most of the negative press is deserved.
the mezzil
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
But people are wising up.
Welsh Bluebird
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Olie)
I don't see this getting as much publicity or media scrutiny.

http://www.banburyguardian.co.uk/new...llor-1-6069496

:rolleyes:
FionnB
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
They criticise UKIP for voting against certain EU laws but they reason they do is because they are anti-European. Do they not understand that it's not that they don't want certain laws passed but they are stopping EU powers by using their vote against them. Media seem to twist things against UKIP far more​-so than other parties.
HeavyTeddy
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
The supposed bias against UKIP has done far more good for them than bad. It has, for the most part, given a party that doesn't really deserve it, a political pedestal.

Then again, I'd argue that there isn't that much of a bias when you think about it. Most forms of media will misrepresent a story or make it more appealing because that is what they need to do to sell, however, they haven't really had to spin much with the amount of ridiculous **** UKIP candidates up and down the country are purporting. UKIP are deliberately controversial because that's what garners attention from the nutters and weak-minded, and that's what gets them votes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by llamaspoon)
The Daily Mail is running some sort of hate campaign towards UKIP.
Well they seem to hate pretty much everything.

Although that's better than loving everything, as the Guardian does.
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by datpiff)
UKIP aren't exactly helping themselves out though are they?
Technically no party is....

Simply put, most of the other MP's are just as racist, but UKIP is "the" anti EU party.
Endo
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I don't blame people for holding this opinion. At no stage have I seen any objective, dispassionate critique of UKIP's policies and the eminent failings within, instead focusing on this propaganda war waged mainly against Farage who is, regardless of his political views, someone people respect because he tries to be frank and honest. Other than shout 'Racist!' every which conceiveable way, the mass media did nothing to challenge what makes UKIP a bad choice.
It was a hypocritical mess.
chrisawhitmore
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by FionnB)
They criticise UKIP for voting against certain EU laws but they reason they do is because they are anti-European. Do they not understand that it's not that they don't want certain laws passed but they are stopping EU powers by using their vote against them. Media seem to twist things against UKIP far more​-so than other parties.
They're not anti-European. They're anti-EU. It's the difference between hating the Germans and hating the Nazis. (For want of a better simple analogy)
chrisawhitmore
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by felamaslen)
Well they seem to hate pretty much everything.

Although that's better than loving everything, as the Guardian does.
The guardian hates lots of things. For a simple guide to what, find all the things the Mail likes.
redferry
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
If the media are biased against anyone its the Greens.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (73)
41.48%
They're exactly what I expected (40)
22.73%