The Student Room Group

Government and Politics Unit 2 Edexcel Exam 02/06/14 Governing the UK

Hey All,

How are you guys getting on with revision for this exam?

P.S. Please could you post links of good revision websites for this.:smile::biggrin:
I'm in dire need of help with revision for this subject! what is the best way to structure a 40 mark answer??
i thought there were 5, 10 and 25 mark questions? since when were there 40 markers!?
Reply 3
Original post by JessLouise_x
I'm in dire need of help with revision for this subject! what is the best way to structure a 40 mark answer??

it always depends on what question you get, you will always need to have a BALANCED DEBATE!!!!! this is very important. usually try and go for either 4 very detailed points OR 6 semi detailed points.
so the structure should go:

introduction
point 1
point 2
point 3
point 4
conclusion.

introduction: there are some key things which i always try and include. firstly the definition or explanation of the question focus. also explain why question is relevant to the world of politics. so if the question was talking about creating a codified constitution, then you should say BRIEFLY why some people believe that there should be a codified constitution (e.g creating and protecting clear citizens rights) and why some believe it shouldn't (e.g it is traditional in the UK).

Your first point should ALWAYS be in agreement with the statement. so if the question was about "How effective are backbench MPs?" then your first point should be talking about how backbench MPs ARE effective.

your second point should be disagreeing with the question.
third:agreeing
fourth:disagreeing

conclusion: i put my opinion in here and have a CLINCHING piece of evidence to justify my opinion. i usually throw this in at the end as i am rushed for time so i always have this VERY brief. even a 1 sentenced conclusion is better than no conclusion at all. as it shows that you have come to a conclusion about the debate to shoe you have THOUGHT!!!!! politics is all about showing the examiner you have throughout about the question.

hope this has helped!:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by beefchief
i thought there were 5, 10 and 25 mark questions? since when were there 40 markers!?

in unit 2, for section A: we get a choice between 2: 5/10/25 markers
this could be judiciary and constitution or constitution and parliament etc . it can be any order.

for section B, you get the choice between 2 40 markers which are on the other 2 topic which were not in section A.
what topics have we chosen to revise? all 4 or less? if so which topics?
Original post by JessLouise_x

I would suggest you have an intro preferably the key word's definition in the question, followed by 3 paragraphs of your points with evidence and explanation ~ 4 minimum then ended with a conclusion/evaluation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ukip are rising. God bless farage.
Doing this exam too.
What do people think might come up?
Original post by ThePersian
Doing this exam too.
What do people think might come up?

There is bound to be something on the coalition and how it has effected Cameron IDK like "To what extent has Cameron been an elective dictator under the coalition"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending