Turn on thread page Beta

Not necesseraly a 'meaning of life' thread. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    'God created life so that he could love it's existence - this is why all living organisms, in their default state, fight against death.'

Discuss, you *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxius)
    'God created life so that he could love it's existence - this is why all living organisms, in their default state, fight against death.'

Discuss, you *******s.
    hahaha

ok everything fights death because we want to continue fulfiling our duties. whether it would be taking care of children, collecting food for winter or whatever.

plus God doesn't need to create anything to love

ReputationRep:
    We don't want to die because we feel that we have not achieved the purpose life has set out for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawkingpunkster)
    We don't want to die because we feel that we have not achieved the purpose life has set out for us.
    I agree.
    As human beings we are inclined to feel that life must have a point.
    but what is life to say an earthworm? The worm’s impulse to exist or to be, is every bit as strong as ours arguably even stronger.It is extremely easy to ignore the fact that life just is.

I also find it extremley difficult to accept God created life for his own pleasure.

I prefer scientific facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawkingpunkster)
    I don't want to die because I enjoy living. I don't believe I have any purpose in life.

ReputationRep:
    We don't want to die because we are ultimately very self absorbed beings and don't like to think of the world without our own existence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue!)
    I don't want to die because I enjoy living. I don't believe I have any purpose in life.
    Well that would be your purpose then, to enjoy life.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.