The Student Room Group

Am I the only teen listening to movie soundtracks...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Clynester
Hans Zimmer is 'Hans' down (see what I did there?) the best movie composer out there. His scores for Nolan's movies are incredible, although do seem to have a mutual theme of darkness to them. I think my iPod has more movie soundtracks than any other genre of music!

Haha nice pun! Agreed! And same here...no wonder I am so secretive with my music. People get so judgemental when they see 'Sherlock Original Soundtrack' on my iPhone's screen...
Reply 21
Original post by Toughtee
Nice avatar btw :smile:

Definitely my man crush!

Why thank you! Love your Koala :biggrin:
I listen to soundtracks from games all the time, but I'm not a teenager. You likely were in the minority to be listening to classical music at 13, but that doesn't matter. You like what you like.
Original post by TheArch
Why thank you! Love your Koala :biggrin:

It's rare that you meet someone who likes all these things, or perhaps I'm just not on Tumblr enough...
Reply 24
Original post by Toughtee
It's rare that you meet someone who likes all these things, or perhaps I'm just not on Tumblr enough...

Oh goodness, you have no idea...you're the first guy who likes the same things I do! And I'm on Tumblr 24/7...it's my life....
Not at all. I listen to film soundr tacks too of my favourite scenes. For example this sound track from the movie "The Changeling" starring Angeline Jolie and John Malkovich:[video="youtube;cofRV9DnLIA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cofRV9DnLIA[/video]
Heaps of people do :biggrin: I've been listening to them for years. I just discovered Rachel Portman and this is the greatest discovery of my uni career so far. She's the first soundtrack composer I've found who's a woman, which is just a huge deal for me because I was getting distressed at how there didn't seem to be any women in the soundtrack business. But several of my friends listen to soundtracks as well, I went to one house party where we ended up playing This Is Gallifrey, Magneto's Theme and Lux Aeturna very loudly at 3am. :lol: Best party I've ever been to. But I listen to heaps of soundtracks, me and my friend made a list during one lecture of all our favourites. Spotify is a wonderful thing. Top 5 at the moment would probably be Murray Gold (goes without saying), Danny Elfman, Adrian Johnston, Alexandre Desplat and Dario Marianelli but I get the feeling Rachel Portman will replace him soon, I've had the Chocolat soundtrack on a loop for two days. I like Deyan Pavlov as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheArch
Oh goodness, you have no idea...you're the first guy who likes the same things I do! And I'm on Tumblr 24/7...it's my life....

Apparently I'm a rare breed...

And haha, I do love a delve into Tumblr sometimes, can get a bit too weird for me though?
Original post by TheArch
Hey'all!

Okay, please don't judge me, but I am 18 years old, and every time I mention to listening to classical music or film soundtracks, people give me THE weirdest looks on the planet. I've been listening to artists such as Thomas Newman, Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard since I turned 13. Am I the only one.....?

Ive got the italian job sound track cd
Reply 29
Original post by Emma:-)
Ive got the italian job sound track cd

I haven't listened to that yet. Might give it a try!
Reply 30
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Heaps of people do :biggrin: I've been listening to them for years. I just discovered Rachel Portman and this is the greatest discovery of my uni career so far. She's the first soundtrack composer I've found who's a woman, which is just a huge deal for me because I was getting distressed at how there didn't seem to be any women in the soundtrack business. But several of my friends listen to soundtracks as well, I went to one house party where we ended up playing This Is Gallifrey, Magneto's Theme and Lux Aeturna very loudly at 3am. :lol: Best party I've ever been to. But I listen to heaps of soundtracks, me and my friend made a list during one lecture of all our favourites. Spotify is a wonderful thing. Top 5 at the moment would probably be Murray Gold (goes without saying), Danny Elfman, Adrian Johnston, Alexandre Desplat and Dario Marianelli but I get the feeling Rachel Portman will replace him soon, I've had the Chocolat soundtrack on a loop for two days. I like Deyan Pavlov as well.

I truly admire your tastes! And that party sounds so much more fun...I am so tired of the loud mainstream music I keep hearing that I've heard a million times on the radio. I adore Murray Gold and Danny Elfman :biggrin: mazing artists...
Original post by TheArch
I truly admire your tastes! And that party sounds so much more fun...I am so tired of the loud mainstream music I keep hearing that I've heard a million times on the radio. I adore Murray Gold and Danny Elfman :biggrin: mazing artists...

Haha, I think they're fairly standard. I like it for revision music, but it's good for running to as well, and sometimes they'll come on on my ipod and it's just nice. I love them as well :love: We should use this thread to swap soundtracks we find, I like finding new ones, but my friend has been obsessed with the Inception soundtrack for weeks and hardly listens to anything else. :lol:
Reply 32
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Haha, I think they're fairly standard. I like it for revision music, but it's good for running to as well, and sometimes they'll come on on my ipod and it's just nice. I love them as well :love: We should use this thread to swap soundtracks we find, I like finding new ones, but my friend has been obsessed with the Inception soundtrack for weeks and hardly listens to anything else. :lol:

Yeah, I use classical music for revision. Lets me concentrate more :biggrin:
And well, I can't stop listening to the American Beauty soundtrack. Esoecially the track 'Angela Undress'. It's so sad, but so gorgeous... made me tear up a little bit! I have also fallen in love with the Road to Perdition Soundtrack. I love it!
Original post by TheArch
Hey'all!

Okay, please don't judge me, but I am 18 years old, and every time I mention to listening to classical music or film soundtracks, people give me THE weirdest looks on the planet. I've been listening to artists such as Thomas Newman, Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard since I turned 13. Am I the only one.....?

Nope..i LOVE Hans Zimmer..i listen to 'flight' from MoS almost everyday.
Reply 34
Original post by WitnessMO
Not at all. I listen to film soundr tacks too of my favourite scenes. For example this sound track from the movie "The Changeling" starring Angeline Jolie and John Malkovich:[video="youtube;cofRV9DnLIA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cofRV9DnLIA[/video]

That sounded amazing...wow! Thanks! :biggrin: *added to favourites*
Reply 35
When I was a teenager I used to listen to a lot of film and video game soundtracks also (and still do).
I love movie soundtracks.
I have listened to this X Men soundtrack about 10x in a row now :P : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI_TTJB2fCg
Reply 37
Original post by Arithmeticae
You're not alone.

BRB Hanz Zimmer
BRB Nobuo Uematsu
BRB Berlin Calling
BRB Skyrim

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hanz Zimmer and Skyrim= <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheVth
Hanz Zimmer and Skyrim= <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nobuo's work is still my favourite :colondollar:

[video="youtube;4sh9UmS5iQk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sh9UmS5iQk[/video]

Beautiful. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not at all. Anastasia is my favourite childhood film ever. I listen to this song whenever I'm depressed lol.

[video="youtube;fEL0EGnHdsk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEL0EGnHdsk[/video]

Quick Reply