Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Photoshopping Society

I envisaged a place to share computer-made artwork - from five-second effects-rich abstract art to full-blown airbrushed masterpieces to "look at me, I put an arrow through my head!"-esque edited photos. A place to ponder, criticise, share ideas, write tutorials, improve our talents and other people's, a place where different software (from Photoshop to Paint) was embraced, a place for anyone from the newest user to the most hardened expert, and generally somewhere to look intellectual, arty and creative.

And so, welcome to the Photoshopping Society! Feel free to look round and join or post before joining, post tutorials, suggest improvements, or ask for advice on anything that falls into the category of computer-edited images... or just post some of your own work and show off a bit. (However, please do not post here asking "can you make me a picture?" - the answer will almost certainly be no. :p: If you're unsure on what's allowed here, feel free to PM me or post here asking.)

This first post may be getting updated quite a bit if we get enough members and enough suggestions, so keep an eye on it.

Oh, and... to join, click here!

ReputationRep:
    And don't be put off by the name; anything from Photoshop to Paint will do fine as long as it's used well!
    Good - I think I've still got a cracked copy of Photoshop CS2 on my laptop, but I can't be arsed digging it out to install on my desktop when I'm perfectly happy with my old Paint Shop Pro 7
    I might do something to show - I used to enjoy making sig banners back in the day
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ooh, I don't have CS2. I only have Photoshop 6. Thinking of upgrading though, but 6 kills my computer enough as it is. :confused: Plus all the new tools on CS2 are too complicated anyway.

I'm getting into the habit of creating entire (lifelike) drawings from scratch just using the airbrush tool with transparency effects. But I'm so lazy I can never be bothered to finish anything I start (laziness and the fact that it takes days, of course). :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    *bump*

One person? :eek3: This can't be true!

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I wouldn't even be able to sign up officially, either - I'm already a member of 7 socs

ReputationRep:
    i use photoshop

http://photoshopcontest.com/
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    *bump* One last try...

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I may as well get this place started by posting an image...this is just something I made up in about 3 minutes or so specifically for this
    I know some people prefer to use downloadable textures and stuff as their backgrounds for images, but I don't. The background for the below image is a modified version of this

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :eek: Very nice... but... do I see the clouds texture on that metal on the right? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    :eek: Very nice... but... do I see the clouds texture on that metal on the right? :p:
    Nope, that's a part of the RAW logo, not my editing...from the WWE website:

My editing was ALL on the background - I did texture editing, added in a sunburst and then a flood-fill...then just C+P'd the SDvR2006 logo on top.

i hope this society has an uber logo :P
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mangaroo)
    i hope this society has an uber logo :P
    You gonna make one? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just cheat and use the Photoshop logo That's what I did with the Football Manager society
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    So, in my first attempt to make this pseudo-society look vaguely active, as a play on :eek3:...

Opinions? :p:

...you need a more constructive hobby

on a plus, i got a wacom intuos3 a4!!! such a waste of money, but oh-oh-oh-oh-OHHHH-so fun&cool, favourite impulse buy of the year..apart from nikon d200...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    ...you need a more constructive hobby

on a plus, i got a wacom intuos3 a4!!! such a waste of money, but oh-oh-oh-oh-OHHHH-so fun&cool, favourite impulse buy of the year..apart from nikon d200...
    *googles*

HOW MUCH!?

I want one! :p:

lol expensive and not worth it since i dont do it as a career but if youve got money to throw away its about £340 from amazon

btw, i was being harsh, your emoticon is well made

ReputationRep:
    hey guys ive got a flyer thing that i need designing, ive already for the background etc, but im having so much trouble making it look good/getting the text on, does anyone know any companies etc i can use to do it for really cheap??
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    lol expensive and not worth it since i dont do it as a career but if youve got money to throw away its about £340 from amazon
    So I saw, hence the shouting. :p:

btw, i was being harsh, your emoticon is well made
    Heh, thank you. Any competitors? :p: (Desperately trying to get this society off the ground!)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by World Hold On)
    hey guys ive got a flyer thing that i need designing, ive already for the background etc, but im having so much trouble making it look good/getting the text on, does anyone know any companies etc i can use to do it for really cheap??
    Companies? Cheap? Pah.

What's actually wrong? I'm sure someone here (probably me as I'm the only person who ever posts here regularly :mad:) can advise you.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.